Launched by: Vice President of India, Shri M Venkaiah Naidu
Venue: At Sorusajai Stadium in Guwahati, Assam
Differently able people Known As: Divyanjans.
- To give an equal priority and reverence to the physically challenged persons and to inspire pride in the disabled persons
- To end the stigmatization and biases with the disabled persons
- To change the mind set of people towards those who are differently abled persons and try to give a superior life
- To give financial sustenance to the disable people for the treatment
What is a Disability?
- A disability can be defined as a person, who is disabled by physical, conscious, cognitive, rational, mental illness, and many other types of diseases related to it and this scheme will cover 21 types of the disease.
Highlights of the Deen Dayal Divyangjan Sahajya Scheme
- During the launch of an event, the vice president of India Shri M Venkaiah Naidu, Chief Minister of Assam state Shri Sarbananda Sonowal, the Governor of the state Shri Jagadish Mukhi and Naba Kumar Doley has given financial assistance to the 7 disabled people to initiate scheme and celebrate international days for disabled people.
- A Deen Dayal Divyangjan Sahajya Scheme will benefit more than 4.5 lakhs of disable people in the state and the budget for this scheme is Rs 250 crore from the state government and the rest is shared by the central government.
- Through this scheme Rs 5000 will be given to the beneficiary to treat his disability and it is a one-time financial assistance.
- To avail benefit of this Deen Dayal Divyangjan Sahajya Scheme, a disabled person must have a unique identity card which is certified by the competent authority.
- To support the Deen Dayal Divyangjan Sahajya Scheme, A Assam government has proposed a new Act named " Assam Employees PRANAM act, 2017" and under this new act, each and every government employee of the Assam state have to share 10 percent of his salary to take care of his family member or any other people who are physically disable.
- This scheme will bring an equal opportunity to the Divyangs and the vice president of the Government of India said that to make sure about all the government places and services are open for the Divyangjan so that they will always get an equal chance to do.
- There will be a phase to implement give benefit to the disabled person and under the phase, the Deen Dayal Divyangjan Sahajya Scheme will give financial assistance to the 1 lakh disable people for the treatment.
- During the launching of the Deen Dayal Divyangjan Sahajya Scheme, the vice president of India also give weight to the banks to give financial help by making the process of financial aid very clear and accessible way.
- The benefit given under this scheme is a one-time grant and money granted under this scheme must be used for the treatment of disability and not other than this'
- A differently able people who have no money for the treatment will get a chance to take benefit of all basic requirements
- The target in this scheme to reach to the disabled people and make payment up to 40.5 lakh chosen claimants
- Suggestions and Complaints regarding this scheme like enrolled in the scheme but payment not done, is taken at the state level
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here