- India has showcased a tremendous participation in the XXI Commonwealth Games, held in Gold Coast, Queensland.
- The next CWG, “CWG 2022” are to be held in Birmingham, England from 27th July to 7th August.
- India has now an overall of 504 medals in CWG (with 181 Gold).
Key facts about CWG 2018
- Venue = Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
- Edition = 21st
- Motto = share the dream
- Mascot = Blue koala BOROBI
- Nations participating = 71
List of top 10 countries
India’s performance in CWG 2018
- With 26 gold medals, the 2018 Commonwealth Games has become India’s third most successful of all time.
- India's best remains 101 in New Delhi (2010), followed by 69 in Manchester (2002).
- With 200 athletics, India performed brilliantly throughout the tournament.
- India finished third on the medal tally with the most number of Gold medals achieved in Shooting.
India performance in different categories-
- The flag bearer for India in the inaugural ceremony was P V Sindhu whereas in the closing ceremony it was M C Mary Kom.
- India won 16 medals in shooting (highest).
- Males total medals = 35
- Females total medals = 28
- Mixed = 3
Shooting - Gold medal winners
- Manu Bhaker
- Jitu Rai
- Heena Sidhu
- Shreyasi Singh
- Tejaswini Sawant
- Anish Bhanwala
- Sanjeev Rajput
Wrestling - Gold medal winners
- Sushil Kumar
- Rahul Aware
- Bajrang Punia
- Sumit Malik
- Vinesh Phogat
Boxing - Gold medal winners
- MC Mary Kom (1st Indian woman boxer to win CWG medal)
- Gaurav Solanki
- Vikas Krishan Yadav
Weightlifting - Gold medal winners
- Mirabai Chanu
- Sanjjita Chanu
- Sathish Sivalingam
- RV Rahul
- Punam Yadav
Table Tennis - Gold medal winners
- Women’s team - Manika Batra, Mouma Das, Sutirtha Mukherjee, Madhurika Patkar, Pooja Sahasrabudhe
- Men’s team – Sharath Achanta, Anthony amalraj, Harmeet Desai, Sanil Shetty, Sathiyan Gnanasekaran
- Women’s singles - Manika Batra (1st Indian woman to do so)
Badminton - Gold medal winners
- Mixed Team- Pranav Chopra, Prannoy Kumar, Saina Nehwal, Ashwini Ponappa, Satwiksairaj Rankireddy, Sikki Reddy, Chirag Shetty, G R Shivani, PV Sindhu, K Srikanth
- Women’s singles- Saina Nehwal (defeated PV Sindhu)
Javelin Throw - Gold medal winners
- Neeraj Chopra (1st Indian to do so)
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here