- First bank to introduce cheque system – Bengal Bank (established in 1784)
- First bank to provide internet banking facility – ICICI Bank.
- First Indian to win grand slam – Mahesh Srinivas Bhupathi (1997, mixed doubles with Rika Hiraiki)
- First Indian to win Wimbledon – Ramanathan Krishnan (1954, Boy’s Singles)
- Nordic Countries: The Nordic countries or the Nordics are a geographical and cultural region in Northern Europe and the North Atlantic, where they are most commonly known as Norden.
- They are:
- Greenland (Faroe Islands and Aland Islands)
- Father of Cambodia – Norodom Sihanouk.
- Father of Colombia – Simon Bolivar.
- Fastest animal in Land – Cheetah (can run between 112 and120 km/hr (70 and 75 mph)
- Fastest Bird in land – Ostriches (can run up to 40 miles per hour)
- First Indian who crossed over the English channel by swimming – Mihir Sen.
- First Woman to swim across the English Channel – Arati Saha, 1959.
- Waterman of India – Rajendra Singh.
- Metro man of India – E. Sreedharan.
- India’s only River Island – Majuli, Assam.
- India’s only active volcano – Barren Island, Andaman and Nicobar Island.
- Northernmost railway station – Baramulla in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Southernmost railway station – Kanyakumari.
- East most railway station – Ledo on branch line from Tinusukia.
- Western most railway staion – Naliya near Bhuj in Gujarat.
- Pan cake Festival – Moscow, Russia.
- Moon cake Festival – China.
- Motto of Asian Development Bank – Fighting Poverty in Asia and the Pacific.
- Motto of African Development Bank – Building today, a better Africa tomorrow.
- Gwangju – A city in South Korea (one of the hosts of 2002 FIFA World Cup)
- Guangzhou – A city in China ( hosted 16th Asian Games in 2010 and 1st FIFA Women’s World Cup in 1991
- Malt sugar – Maltose
- Milk sugar - Lactose
#14. Banking Terms:
- Affidavit: A sworn statement in writing before a proper official, such as a notary public.
- Indemnity: It is a contractual obligation of one party (indemnitor) to compensate the loss occurred to the other party (indemnitee) due to the act of the indemnitor or any other party.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here