- Launched on: the fiscal year 2018-19
- Launched by: The State Government of Odisha
- Benefits: Free Smartphone
- Beneficiary: small and marginal women farmers
- Target: To double the farmer's income by 2022
- To work for the Women Empowerment
- To help the Farmers in the State
- To give free smartphones to boost agricultural production.
- This Scheme is targeting the Small, Marginal Women Farmers.
- Through this scheme, the Odisha State Government is hoping to work for the Women Empowerment.
- And the Government of Odisha State clearly stated that through this Scheme, they are going to provide the Smartphones for the Women Farmers totally free of cost.
- With the help of Smartphones, women farmers are able to access the Market to know about the Prices, Weather reports.
- They are also able to learn new Agricultural Techniques and farming Products.
- To avail benefit of this scheme, Women Farmers have to make Online Registration During the Kharif Season.
- In the Pilot Phase of this Scheme, the state government of Odisha is assuming to cover at least 70% Women Farmers in the State.
- In the existing free smartphone schemes in Odisha, only the male farmers were qualified to avail the benefits. Now the female farmers will also get these Android-based mobile phones with 4G Internet Connectivity.
- To facilitate women farmers, to get tips from the agricultural department
- Women farmers can use these smartphones to assure better productivity and good quality products depending on the nature of the soil and climatic conditions.
- Women farmers can access up-to-date market-related information by gathering information on current prices of agricultural commodities in different markets.
- All the weather based information will remain visible on their smartphones and alerts facility will also be provided timely.
- Women farmers can also get information on various Odisha Government Schemes which are currently running for the benefit of farmers.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here