Recently, there is a buzz about BANDHAN BANK, Lets know about it:
- Bandhan Bank was set up in 2001 to handle dual objective of poverty alleviation and women empowerment.
- It was previously a Non - Banking Financial Company (NBFC) but Bandhan Bank received its universal banking licence from Reserve Bank of India.
- The bank rolled out its services on 23rd August, 2015 (Founded).
- The bank started with 501 branches in all most 22 states in India which is highest branches of any private bank on the first day.
- The bank will provide funds to help and develop the Small and Medium Enterprises (SME).
- The saving interest rates have been fixed at 4.25% below Rs. 1,00,000 and 5% above Rs. 1,00,000.
- It is interesting to know that Bandhan was the only micro-finance institution that applied for a banking licence.
- Headquarters is located at Kolkata, West Bengal.
- Slogan of bank is "Aapka Bhala, Sabki Bhalai".
- Incidentally, Bandhan is the first bank to be set up in eastern part of India after Independence.
- MD and CEO of bank is Chandra Shekhar Ghosh.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here