A cheque is an unconditional order addressed to a banker, signed by the person who has deposited money with a banker, requesting him to pay on demand a certain sum of money only to the order of the certain person or to the bearer of the instrument.
TYPES OF CHEQUES-
1) Bearer ChequeBearer cheques are the cheques which withdrawn to the cheque's owner.These types of cheques normally used for a cash transaction.
2) Order ChequeOrder cheques are the cheques which are withdrawn for the payee(the cheque withdrawn for whose person).Before withdrawn to that payee, banks cross check the identity of the payee.
3) Crossed ChequeOn that type of cheques two parallel line made on the upper part of the cheques, then that cheques formed to crossed cheques.This type of cheques payment does not formed in cash while the payment of that type pf cheques transferred to the payee account and the normal person's account who recommend by the holder on the cheque.
4) Account Payee ChequeWhen two parallel lines along with a crossed made on the cheque and the word 'ACCOUNT PAYEE' written between these lines, then that types of cheques are called account payee cheque.The payment of the account payee cheque taken place on the person, firm or company on which name the cheque issue.
5) Company Crossed ChequeWhen two parallel lines along with a cross made on the cheque and the word 'COMPANY' written between these lines, then that types of cheques are called company crossed cheques.Then the type of withdrawn does not take in cash while the person on which the cheque issue, transferred on its account.Normally crossed cheque and company crossed cheque are same.
6) Stale ChequeIf any cheque issued by a holder does not get withdrawn from the bank till three months, then that type of cheques are called stale cheque.
7) Post Dated ChequeIf any cheque issued by a holder to the payee for the upcoming withdrawn date, then that type of cheques are called post-dated cheque.
8) Anti Dated Cheque
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here