The various Indian sports persons who were recognised globally in recent times are:
Virat Kohli :
- His record as a skipper In Indian cricket team has been exemplary.
- He has won an away series in West Indies, and then defeated New Zealand and England at home.
- His record as a batsman has also been exemplary all throughout the seasons.
- She is the first Indian woman Para-athlete to have bagged a medal.
- She won silver medal in shot put event.
- She also actively participates in adventure sports.
- She won Australian open, Cinicinnati Masters, Connecticut Open, St. Petersburg Ladies’ Trophy with her partners.
- She also received Padma Bhushan and has also represented India in her third straight Olympics.
- He made the country proud at the recent Paralympics with a gold medal winning performance in the javelin throw event.
- He is being aided through the Para champions programme by GoSports Foundation.
- She is the is regarded as the face of Indian badminton.
- Her crowning glory definitely has been the silver medal at Rio 2016.
- She is the first woman wrestler from our country to bag a medal at the Olympics.
- He won the gold medal at the Rio Paralympics 2016 in the finals of the men’s high jump.
- She became the first Indian woman gymnast to qualify for the summer Olympics .
- She may not have bagged a medal at the Olympics but she did make her presence felt at the gymnastics event by finishing at the fourth place.
Varun Singh Bhati:
- He won the bronze medal at the Para high jump event in Rio Paralympics 2016.
- She was included in the International Cricket Council's (ICC) Women's team of the year.
- This golden boy became the first Indian to win back to back super series title.
- He clinched the Australian Open followed by his triumph in Indonesian open.
- She is the captain of the Indian Women's cricket team.
- She is the only first player to score 7 consecutive 50s in ODIs.
- She has won over twenty international titles, which include ten Super series titles.
- She has received Padma Bhushan in the year 2016.
- She is a five-time World Amateur Boxing champion, and the only woman boxer to have won a medal in each one of the six world championships.
- She is the only Indian women boxer to be qualified for the 2012 Olympics and she has won the bronze medal.
- He won the gold medal in the Air Rifle event at the 2008 Beijing Olympic games.
- He is the first Indian to win an individual gold medal at the Olympic Games.
- He is the Indian football team captain.
- He now has a better International goal scoring record than Cristiano Ronaldo, and even Lionel Messi.
- He is the only player ever to win world titles in both the long and short formats of snooker.
- Recently, he has won the 29th National Championship Title in Pune.
- He is the first Indian and only tennis player to compete at seven Olympic Games.
- He is Chess Grandmaster.
- He broke into the top ten players in the world in November 2016.
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here