- Launched on: 2 January 2018
- Managed by: Ministry Of Women and Child Development
- Inaugurated by: Smt Meneka Gandhi (Union Minister of Women and Child)
- Portal: www.nari.nic.in / www.ngomwcd.gov.in (e-samvad)
- Hosted by: NIC (National Informatics Centre)
- Objective: To provide all information related to government schemes and initiatives taken by government for women
Meaning of NARINARI means National Repository of Information for Women. Repository means a place where huge data is stored. So it can be said that this website stores huge data related to government schemes in this portal.
Salient features of NARI Portal
- Gives Suggestion on health check-ups
- Tips on nutrition
- Information about diseases
- Tips for job search and interview
- Advice on investment and saving
- Legal aid cell
- Information about crime against women
- Procedure to adopt a child
- Harassment at workplace
Other General Information
- This is the only official website since Independence which lists down each and every scheme of government. The portal will provide women citizens with easy access to information on government schemes and initiatives for women.
- This is a single portal to provide information regarding government schemes (both central and state) for women. This portal covers 350 plus schemes and other important information like job search, legal advice, and many other facilities which will be updated on real-time basis
- This portal helps to create awareness about central and state government scheme for women like Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme, old age pension scheme, Maulana Azad medical schemes and many more.
- For example, many women are not aware of ONE STOP CENTRE is available in 168 districts for women in difficult circumstances. Some women are not aware that PM Awas Yojana gives priority to the registration of homes in the name of women.
- This portal also counsels us that, which government has launched which scheme and for which purpose.
The scheme is divided into seven categories:
- Pension and insurance
- Education and research
- Employment and skilling
- Housing and shelter
OthersThis portal also advises women about legal rights, equality, and women participation. This portal provides information in both languages (Hindi and English).
- In addition to NARI web portal, the Ministry of Women and Child Development has also launched E-samvad portal. Here ‘E’ refers to electronic and ‘SAMVAD’ means conversation.
- This portal is a feedback portal, on which NGOs and Civil society can give their feedback, suggestions, put up grievances, share best practices. All inputs will be recorded with ministry and senior officers of the WCD ministry check the inputs like feedback, suggestions for concerned subject areas and appropriately respond to NGOs and Civil society (who give their inputs). This will help in the formulation of effective policies/scheme and measures for the welfare of women and child.
- On this website, NGOs need to register themselves for giving their feedback and suggestions by using their unique ID of NGOs which is provided by NITI Aayog e-DARPAn portal and PAN number
- These two portals are another step toward Digital India.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here