IntroductionIndia has about 7516.6 kilometres of seashore & it is one of the biggest peninsulas in the world. It has 12 major ports & around 200 notified minor & intermediate ports. Maharashtra with 48 docks has the maximum number of non-major ports trailed by Gujarat with 42 docks & Andaman & Nicobar Islands with 23 docks.
|PORT NAME||STATE||BUILT IN||COAST|
SOME INTERESTING FACTS:
- Kandla Port is situated on the Gulf of Kutch. It is the biggest port of India by volume of freight handled.
- Mormugoa port is the foremost iron ore exporting port.
- Panambur is the location of sea port called New Mangalore Port. It is an all-season port.
- Paradip port is an artificial & deep water port.
- Ennore Port is also known as Kamarajar Port Limited & is the only major port registered as a company.
- Jawaharlal Nehru port is previously known as Nhava Sheva Port & is the largest container port in India.
- Tuticorin or Thoothukudi Port is an artificial deep-sea dock & is officially known as VO Chidambaranar Port
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here