- As per the annual report of the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports (Department of Youth Affairs), 2016-17, the youth make up to be the most enthusiastic segment of any institution for governance.
- The United Nations defines “Youth” as 15-24 years and in the commonwealth, it is 15-29 years.
- The Rashtriya Yuva Sashaktikaran Karayakaram (RYSK) launched by Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports. This scheme is an umbrella scheme of Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS), National Youth Corps (NYC), National Programme for Youth & Adolescent Development (NPYAD), International Cooperation, Youth Hostels (YH), Assistance of Scouting & Guiding organisation, National Discipline Scheme (NDS) and National Young Leaders Programme (NYLP).
- National Service Scheme (NSS) and Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development (RGNIYD) are exempted from this umbrella scheme.
Excerpts From The Article Written By Secretary, Youth Affairs
- India comes across as a young nation with nearly 65% of its population falling under the rough age bracket of “under 35”, thus making it largely young nation.
- It is expected that by the year 2020, the population of India would have a median age of 28 years only against 38 years of the US, 42 years of China and as high as 48 years for Japan.
- The Indian population under the age group of 15-29 comprises 27.5% of the total population giving India a favourable demographic profile.
National Youth PolicyIntroduced in 2014
- The scheme beneficiaries shall be the youth in the age group of 15-29 years, in line with the definition of ‘Youth’ in the National Youth Policy, 2014.
- For the adolescents, the age group shall be 10-19 years.
I. Creating a productive workforce that can make a sustainable contribution to India’s economic development. The priority areas for this are Education, Entrepreneurship, Employment and Skill development.
II. Develop a strong, healthy generation equipped to take on future generations.
III. Instil social values and promote community service to build rational ownership-operative tools.
IV. Facilitate participation and civic engagement at levels of governance.
V. Support youth at risk and create an equitable opportunity for all disadvantaged and marginalised youth.
Schemes Launched by Government To Get 40 Crore Skilled Indians by 2022
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana: To encourage aptitude towards employable skills and to increase working efficiency of probable and existing daily wage earners. This scheme is 60% funded by central government and 40% by the state government. The scheme targets to train 1cr Indian youth from 216-20. A Stipend of Rs. 8000 or more is provided under this scheme.
- Seekho aur Kamao: This scheme is especially for minorities’ youth. It reduces employment rate of minorities during 12th plan period (2012-17).
- Nai Manzil: This scheme is especially for minority communities. It covers people between 17 to 35 age group from all minority communities as well as Madrasa students. It provides trade basis training in the field of manufacturing, Engineering, services and soft skills. World Bank extends $ 50mn loan for this scheme.
- Nai Roshni: It under Ministry of Minority Affairs Government of India. This scheme is for leadership development of Minority Women.
- UN had declared June 21st as International Yoga Day with the support of around 177 countries.
- We have celebrated the 3rd International Yoga Day.
- In India, the Ministry of AYUSH has been entrusted the task of the celebration of the International Day of Yoga.
Distance and Online Entrepreneurship Education in India
It is impossible to give jobs to everyone. So the government wants to focus on the entrepreneurship skills development. Thus the government wants to attract attention towards the Distance and Online Entrepreneurship Education in India. Followings are the intuitions for this education:
- Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII)
- Symbiosis University, Pune
- Welingkar Institute, Mumbai
- West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here