- Name of the event- Andhra Pradesh CII Partnership Summit-2018
- Held in-Vishakhapatnam (Vizag)
- Andhra Pradesh CII (Confederation of Indian Industry) Partnership Summit-2018 is the third edition of Partnership summit. First and second summits were held in 2016 and 2017 respectively.
- In the last two summits in Andhra Pradesh, the state government managed to sign 876 MoUs with various companies and got a committed investment of Rs11.10 trillion
- The third edition of the summit is being jointly organised by the Andhra Pradesh State government,
- The Confederation of Indian Industry, and The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
Main Purpose of the event:
- The main aim of three-day CII Partnership Summit and Sunrise Andhra Pradesh Investment Meet was to showcase investment opportunities in the State in the food processing, automobile, aerospace and defence, hardware, tourism, infrastructure, and other sectors.
Important personalities in the event:Vice-President- M. Venkaiah Naidu, Union Commerce and Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu. AP State Industries Minister N Amarnath Reddy
Some of the Important Outcome of the summit:
- The energy sector netted the highest investment proposals worth Rs 1,11,921 crore from 34 MoUs.
- Adani group chairman Gautam Adani has announced setting up a Greenfield seaport and multimodel logistics park at Bhavanapadu in Srikakulam district of Andhra Pradesh.
- The Andhra Pradesh government has also signed agreement with Google to connect some 30,000 panchayats with 25,000 wifi hotspots.
- Reliance will invest about Rs 37,000 crore in an oil and gas venture in AP
- An MOU was signed with Reliance to develop offshore gas infrastructure in the Krishna-Godavari Basin in East Godavari district
- Reliance Jio, on the other hand, will establish an electronics manufacturing park near Tirupati in Chittoor district to manufacture mobile phones and set-top boxes
About Andhra Pradesh:
- It is located in the southeastern coast of India and is a natural gateway to East and South East Asia.
- Andhra Pradesh has the second longest coastline of 974 Kms.
- It is the eight largest states in terms of area.
- By Population Andhra Pradesh is the tenth largest state
- State Dance-Kuchipudi
- State Animal-Black Buck
- State Bird-Indian Roller
- State flower-Blue-water Lilly
- Sate fruit-Mango
- State of the Year (2017)- Award by CNBC
- Ranked No 1 in India in Ease of Doing Business ranking by World Bank in 2016
- National Energy Conservation Award 2017 for the best State Designated Agency
- AP Single Desk Portal which is for granting industrial clearances in 21 working days as a part of Ease of Doing business designated as a best practice by World Bank.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here