Use coupon code TOP15 on all courses

Link

Data Interpretation for SBI Clerk - Set 5

As many of you might know that I have started Data Interpretation Preparation Series for SBI Clerk exam. In this series I am sharing useful and free study material for SBI Clerk exam.

Following pie charts shows the distribution of employees in three companies A, B, and C in 2014. 




1. Number of female employees in B and C constitutes what percentage of the total number of employees in B and C? (Rounded off figure)
a. 40%
b. 42%
c. 44%
d. 46%
e. 48%

2. If 40% of the female employees in company A are married. What percentage of the male employees are unmarried provided that the total number of married people working in the company A is 2500?(Rounded off figure)
a. 68%
b. 70%
c. 72%
d. 76%
e. 78%

3. If the 1/3th of the female employees are living with their husbands. How many of them are married but not living with their husbands, provided that 34% of the females are unmarried?
a. 2645
b. 2684
c. 2744
d. 2844
e. 2875

4. If 20%, 25% and 30% of the employees in company A, B and C respectively are under the age of 30 years. Which company has got the largest pool of employees in the age group 30 years and above?
a. A
b. B
c. C
d. A and B
e. A and C

5. If company C increases its staff strength by 20% in 2015 and 10% of the staffs retires in 2016. What will be the total increase in staff strength of Cat the end of the year 2016 from the present levels? (No other recruitment/retirements happens other than those mentioned)
a. 880
b. 704
c. 9504
d. 1760
e. 10560

Answers: 1.c 2.b 3.c 4.e 5.b
Solution
1.       Number of female employees in B and C= 2100*(75/25)=6300
Total number of employees in B and C=22000*(65/100)=14,300

Percentage=(6300/14300)*100= 44% (Approx.) (c)

2.       Number of married female employees in company A= (40/100)*2100= 840
Total number of people working in company A= 7700
Total number of married people working in company A=2500
So, Number of married male employees= 2500-840= 1660
Total males in company A= 7700-2100= 5600
Number of unmarried male employees= 5600-1660= 3940
Percentage= 70% (Approx.) (b)

3.       1/3th of the female employees are living with their husbands= 2800
34% of the females are unmarried or 66% are married.
Married females= 8400*(66/100)= 5544
Female employees who are married but not living with their husbands= 5544-2800
= 2744 (c)

4.       Employees in the age group 30 years and above is as follows
A-     7700-20% of 7700= 6160
B-      5500-25% of 5500= 4125
C-      8800-30% of 8800= 6160
Answer is both A and C (e)

5.     Present staff strength of C= 8800
After 20% increase in 2015: 1.20*8800= 10560
After 10% decrease in 2016: 0.90*10560= 9504
Increase in staff strength of C= 9504-8800= 704 (b)

 This post is written by Arjun KV. I am very thankful to him for his efforts.

bankexamstoday-banner
Join 40,000+ readers and get free notes in your email

4 comments:

  1. sir Q1 is wrong how can 75% of 2100 is 6300????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear friend.. Read the question carefully. 2100 is the number of female staffs in company A. From the pie chart we can make out that 25% of the total female employees constitutes the strength of A. Therefore the rest 75% is 6300.
    For your understanding:
    25%-2100
    50%-4200
    75&-6300
    100%-8400

    ReplyDelete
  3. Females in B=1650
    females in C=3960
    total=5610
    So how have you solved the first question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Females in B= 2520
      Females in A= 3780
      Total= 6300 (Solution is right)
      Please recheck your calculations.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting. Follow us on Telegram. Search BankExamsToday