Directions :In each of the following questions,find out which part of the sentence has no error. if there is no mistake, the answer is "No error'.
1. We did the job (a) / as good as we could (b) / however it did not turn out to be satisfactory (c) / No error (d).
2. One of the members (a) / expressed doubt if (b) / the minister was an atheist (c) / No error (d).
3. Can I lend (a) / your pencil (b) / for a minute please ? (c) / No error (d).
4. You are the man (a) / who is held (b) / in high esteem by by everybody (c) / No error (d).
5. Experience has taught me (a) / not to ignore any man, high or low (b) / not to ignore anything great or small (c)/ No error. (d).
6. Even many people (a) / carry an infection (b) / without showing its symptoms (c)./ No error (d).
7. The higher we climb (a)/ up the mountain peak, (b)/ the cooler (c) / we feel (d) / No error (d).
8. While luminaries of the dance world (a) / have dearth of opportunities to display their art , (b)/ upcoming dancers sufferfrom (c)/ an unfortunate lack of exposure (d) / No error (d).\
9. I will spend (a) / my remaining life (b) / in the village (c) / No error (d).
10. Each cigarette which (a) / a person smokes (b) / does some (c) / harm to him (d). / No error (e).
11. students should work (a) / hard in order to (b) / build their carrier (c)/ No error (d).
12. Like the Commission (a) / has recommended in its report, (b) / the rules need to be (c) / enforced more strictly (d). / No error (e).
13. The book is making (a) / waves and the sale (b)/ is quite brisk in (c) / all major cities (d). /No error (e).
14. My brother has been (a) / living in America (b) /with his family (c) / for the past ten years (d). /No error (e).
15. With the advancement of winter (a) / The days grow shorter (b) / while the nights grow longer (c) / No error (d).
solutions1. Replace ' good' by 'well'
2. Replace ' if ' by 'that'
3. Replace 'lend' by 'borrow' .Borrow means 'taking something from someone' and lend means 'giving something to someone '.
4. Replace ' everybody ' by 'all'
5. Replace 'great' by 'big'
6. Replace 'even' by 'often'
7. Remove 'peak'. 'peak' is the highest point of a mountain .So it correct to say that we climbed up the mountain , not mountain peak.
8. Add 'no' before 'dearth'
9. Replace 'my remaining life' by 'the rest of my life'
10. Replace ' each' by 'every'
11.Replace ' carrier' by 'career'. 'Carrier' is something that carries
12. Replace ' like' by 'as'
13. Replace ' quite' by 'very'
14. Replace 'past' by 'last'
15. Replace ' advancement' by 'advent'
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here