- In today's era, programmer use lots of languages for programming in which High-Level Languages have lots of contribution.
- To overcome the drawbacks of low-level Languages these High-Level Languages are developed.
- High-Level Languages are written in statements. Examples of High-Level Languages are FORTRAN, COBOL, Program JAVA, C# etc
- These languages are procedure oriented
- A program written in these languages in one computer can easily be used on another computer.
- The programs written in these languages are easier and faster let's discuss some languages.
- Abbreviated as 'Formula Translation'.
- Developed by IBM nearly in the 1950s.
- Used for scientific, engineering calculation and for mathematical operations.
- Abbreviated as 'Common Business Oriented Language'.
- Developed by U.S. Government committe in 1960.
- Widely used in past for business applications and data processing.
- It supports a limited number of numeric operations.
- Object Oriented version of COBOL is Visual COBOL.
- Abbreviated as 'Beginner's All Purpose Symbolic Instruction Code'.
- Developed by Dartmouth college in 1965.
- Used for scientific and engineering operations.
- It is very easy and simple language.
- It is generally called scripting language which is used for combining small program written in BASIC Language.
- This tool is mostly used for development of Windows applications.
- Development of Windows apps in C is difficult that's why this language is created.
- It is object Oriented programming language.
- Developed by Dennis Ritchie and Brain Kernighan at AT and T's Bell laboratory in 1972.
- It is a general purpose language.
- This language first used to write UNIX operating system.
- This language also used to write system software, drivers and Commercial software packages.
- C++ is an extension of C Language.
- C++ is developed by Bjarne Stroustrup in the year 1980.
- C++ is object Oriented language.
- Developed by Microsoft and this language appeared nearly in 2000.
- The Recent stable version is C# 6.0 released in 2015.
- This language also pronounced as See Sharp.
- Used for development of software, GUI application and also for games development.
- This language is the hybrid of C and C++.
- Windows Mobile apps are developed using this language.
- Abbreviated as 'Programming Logic'.
- Developed by University of Marseilles in 1972.
- Main application of this language is for Artificial Intelligence.
- This language is capable of handling large number of databases.
- Abbreviated as 'list processing'.
- Developed by McCarthy in 1960.
- This language is mostly used in the artificial intelligence.
- This language is suitable for I/O handling and graphics.
- Abbreviated as 'String Oriented Symbolic Language'.
- Developed nearly in 1960.
- Used for text processing.
- Developed at MIT by Seymour Papert in nearly 1960.
- Used in universities for solving complex scientific problems.
- Due to its graphics feature it can be used for educational purposes.
- It is developed by Sun Microsystems now which is owned by Oracle corporation.
- It is the object Oriented programming language.
- This language can be run on any Java virtual machine.
- This language is suitable for running on any desktop computer, servers, Internet, microprocessor and lots more.
- Now a days all android apps are developed using JAVA.
- Abbreviated as 'Structured Query Language'.
- This language is developed initially at IBM.
- Used for database related application and used by database companies like ORACLE , SYBASE etc.
- This language became standard of American National Standard Institute(ANCI) for database query in 1989.
- First High Level Language developed and used was FORTRAN.
- First Computer Programmer was a women whose name is Adam Lovelace and ADA programming language is named after her.
- First website is made using Hyper Text Markup Language(HTML).
- First Version of UNIX operating system was written using C Language.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here