Rule 1Do not use same as a pronoun in the sentence.
- He shall give you a book and the same is very useful.
- She bought a house and is living in the same.
Rule 2Both should always be used with and only and not with as well as and also negative sentence is avoided with Both.
- Both me as well as my brother like ice cream.
- Gopal is both intelligent as well as cute.
Rule 3Each and every should always be followed by singular verb and pronoun.
- Every student of this class are very talented.
- Each and every time he comes here with there friends.
Rule 4Pronoun that should always be used with the words like all, the same, only, None, anybody, nothing, somebody etc.
- Anybody knows this person who came yesterday.
- The same car which I brought has already available there.
Rule 5Pronoun that should be used if the sentence have superlative degree used in it.
- He is the most talented person I have ever seen.
- This is the biggest creature found here.
Rule 6If the sentence is describing same person, same number, same gender then in that case Antecedent Rule is applied.
Antecedent Rule: A pronoun is a word used to stand for (or take the place of) a noun. A word can refer to an earlier noun or pronoun in the sentence.
- He must follow rules while driving His car.
- One Should be cautious for One's behaviour.
Rule 7With the pronoun like either of,each of, Neither of, One of, None of, Number of, Any of use always Plural noun and singular verb.
- Either of three girl got award.
- Neither of these boy are of good nature.
Rule 8If sentence contain Either or , Neither nor or Not only but also in such a case verb is always used according to the second subject.
- Neither she Nor they is going to party.
- Either Rahul or His friend are unable to attend that meeting.
Rule 9The Number of is always followed by Plural noun with singular verb and A Number of is always followed by Plural noun with Plural Verb.
- A number of boy is reading books.
- The number of boy are reading books.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here