“Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat” was launched by Hon’ble Prime Minister, on the occasion of Shree Vallabhbhai Patel’s birthday.
ABOUT THE INITIATIVE
- It is an inventive measure that will lead to an improved understanding & closeness b/w the states through the knowledge of the culture, ethnicities & practices of different states & UTs, for strengthening the unity & integrity of India.
- All States & Union Territories will be covered under this scheme.
- Acc.to scheme, two states will accept a distinct partnership for one year which would be marked by cultural & student exchanges.
- Students of a particular state would travel to a different state to learn each other’s culture.
- District level pairings will also be done & it would be independent of the state level pairings.
- The activity will be very beneficial to link different states & districts in annual program that will connect people through exchanges in areas of culture, tourism, language, education trade etc.
- Citizens will also be able to know how the cultural diversity of a much larger number of states/UTs while realizing that India is one.
- To celebrate the unity in Diversity of our country & to uphold & strengthen the fabric of traditionally prevailing emotional bonds b/w the people of our nation.
- To promote the spirit of national integration through a deep & structured engagement b/w all Indian states & UTs through a year-long planned commitment b/w states.
- To showcase the rich heritage & culture, customs & traditions of either state for allowing people to understand & appreciate the diversity that is India, thus nurturing a sense of common identity.
- To establish long-term engagements & to build an environment which encourages learning b/w sates by sharing best practices & experiences.
- The idea of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat will benefit in building a healthier nation through empowering people to imbibe the innate chord of binding & brotherhood.
- It will help to convince a sense of responsibility & ownership for the nation as a whole through this close cross-cultural exchanges.
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here