1. (A)/ Mr. Narayanan Nambiar redefined the role and methodology /(B) of ‘mizhavu’ from being a mere accompaniment to the Sanskrit drama form/(C) of ‘koodiyattam’ by providing a more unique rhythm to the actors/(D) on stage, apart from perfecting a highly lyrical style./(E) no error.
2. (A)/ After a scramble against time to clean up Bellandur lake/(B) over the past month, various civic agencies/(C) will plead for more time as the critical National Green Tribunal (NGT)/(D) hearing gets under way on Thursday.//(E) no error.
3. (A)/ A laptop belonging to a /(B) computer science lecturer in Shivamogga/(C) has been found to be effected//(D) with WannaCry, a ransomware bug.//(E) no error.
4. (A)/ The approval also shows our strong belief /(B) in the capability of India’s scientific community/(C)) to built our technological/(D) capacities,” an official statement said./(E) no error.
5. (A)/ The double murder led to huge anger among the traders,/(B)who heckled district BJP president Tejveer Singh and Suryakant Sharma,/(C) the brethren of cabinet minister Shrikant Sharma,/(D) when they went to attend the funeral.//(E) no error.
6. (A)/ The Centre was reconsidering his strategy on future /(B) equity infusions into the national carrier and/(C) a decision would be taken based on recommendations/(D) given by the NITI Aayog, a top Air India official said./(E) no error.
7. (A)/ “If you yourself say this [instant triple talaq] is the worst form of divorce and sinful,/(B) how do it then become essential to religion,/(C)” Justice Rohinton Nariman asked senior advocate/(D) V. Giri, representing the Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind./(E) no error.
8. (A)/ The decision on India’s request will be delivered /(B) at 12 p.m. local time in a public sitting at /(C) the Peace Palace in The Hague,/(D) the U.N.’s principle judicial organ, also known as the ‘World Court’./(E) no error.
9. (A)/ The decision will be read by the President of the ICJ,/(B) Ronny Abraham, who was one of the 11 ICJ judge /(C) who heard the arguments put forward/(D) by the Indian and Pakistani delegations./(E) no error.
10. (A)/ “We are beginning initial production of a small number of /(B) iPhone SE in Bengaluru. iPhone SE was the most popular and powerful phone/(C) with a four-inch display in the world and we’ll begin /(D) shipping to domestic customers this month,” Apple said in Bengaluru./(E) no error
Answers with Solutions
1. Ans. C.Solution:
Remove more before unique
(Because unique, chief and perfect never take more before them)
2. Ans. E.Solution:
3. Ans. C.Solution:
Affected instead of effected
(Because effect: noun
4. Ans. C.Solution:
Build instead of built
(Because to always takes verb1st form)
5. Ans. C.Solution:
Brother instead of brethren
(Because brethren is used for business relation and for blood relation we use brother)
6. Ans. A.Solution:
Its instead of his
(Because centre is not a person)
7. Ans. B.Solution:
Does instead of do
(Because it is a singular pronoun)
8. Ans. D.Solution:
Principal instead of principle
(Because principal means: head or chief
Principle means: a basic truth or law)
9. Ans. B.Solution:
Judges instead of judge
(Because one of the always takes plural noun)
10. Ans. B.Solution:
Is instead of was
(Because the company is not talking about past)
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here