Direction: Rearrange the following seven sentences to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the question given below:
A. The ICJ judges are clear that these provisional measures are binding and create international legal obligations for the country to which they are addressed.
B. It noted that irreparable prejudice would be caused if the court did not indicate provisional measures, especially in the absence of any assurance from Pakistan that he would not be executed before the final decision.
C. It has achieved its immediate objective in approaching the ICJ,
D. By winning a preliminary order from the International Court of Justice that prevents Pakistan from carrying out the execution of Indian national Kulbhushan Jadhav, India has won the battle of perceptions among members of the international community.
E. The ICJ has rejected Pakistan’s objections regarding the urgency of the matter and
F. Which has outlined provisional measures that enjoin Pakistan to take all steps needed to ensure that Mr. Jadhav, a former naval officer under death sentence in Pakistan, is not executed pending adjudication of the matter.
G. At this early stage, the court was unwilling to let doubts over jurisdiction trump the larger, humanitarian issue of Mr. Jadhav’s execution.
H. Pakistan should now inform the court about the steps it takes to implement the order.
I. It rejected Pakistan’s own jurisdiction to take up the case and its claim that a 2008 bilateral agreement between the two countries precluded the matter from being raised before the ICJ.
1. Which of the following should be the sixth sentence after rearrangement?
2. Which of the following should be the fourth sentence after rearrangement?
3. Which of the following should be the seventh sentence after rearrangement?
4. Which of the following should be the last sentence after rearrangement?
5. Which of the following should be the second sentence after rearrangement?
6. Which of the following should be the fifth sentence after rearrangement?
- After reading all these sentences we can clearly say that there is only one sentence which can be the first sentence and it is sentence D.
- In sentence D it has given that India has won the battle and sentence C says that how had they achieved this so it can be our second sentence.
- In the last of sentence C there is a (,) so now we need to find out which sentence can be the second part of this sentence and to find it we should focus at the last word of this sentence The ICJ that is a noun, after seen this noun we must find a verb or pronoun in the beginning of another sentence and it has given in the sentence F (which) so it should our third sentence.
- In sentence F the paragraph is something about some steps but we don’t know which steps and it has given in sentence H that Pakistan should inform the courts about these steps and sentence A it has given that if ICJ judges accepted these steps/measures, it would create a legal obligations for the country that’s why ICJ has rejected Pakistan’s objections regarding the matter and it rejected rejected Pakistan’s own jurisdiction so it should be a pair in the sequence of (HAEI).
- Now we have remaining only two sentences G and B and after read both of these sentences we should focus on the pronoun(he) which has given in sentence B and sentence G we have a noun Mr. Jadhav so it should be our last pair.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here