Direction (1–5): Study the following information carefully to answer the given questions.
A, B, C, D, L, M ,N and O are sitting in a straight line equidistant from each other (but not necessarily in the same order). Some of them are facing south while some are facing north. (Note: Facing the same direction means, if one is facing north then the other also faces north and vice-versa. Facing the opposite directions means, if one is facing north then the other faces south and vice-versa).
All of them like different colors i.e. Orange, White, Green, Black, Yellow, Brown, Red and Blue, but not necessarily in the same order. A faces south and likes Black. Only two people sit to the right of A. B sits third to the left of A. Only one person sits between B and M. M sits to the immediate right of L who likes Blue. The one who likes Yellow sits between A and L. Only one person sits between L and O, O likes White. Both the immediate neighbors of B face the same direction. C sits third to the left of M. B faces the opposite direction as A. N does not sit at any of the extremes ends of the line and likes Orange. D faces the same direction as L. Both N and C face the opposite direction of O. The one who likes Red does not sit at any extremes of the line.
1. How many persons in the given arrangement are facing north?
A. More than four
2. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way, and so form a group. Which of the following does not belong to the group?
A. L, M
B. O, N
C. B, A
D. B, N
E. D, C
3. What is the position of M with respect to O?
A. Second to the left
B. Third to the right
C. Third to the left
D. Fifth to the right
E. Second to the right
4. Who amongst the following sits exactly between the one who likes Blue and the one who likes White?
5. Who likes GREEN?
C. Either C or D
E. None of these.
Direction (6 –10): Study the following information carefully to answer the given questions. Papaya, Orange, Mango, Pineapple, Apple, Watermelon, Guava and Peach, Eight persons L, M, N, O, X, Y, G and H, out of whom one is a Civil Engineer, Teacher, Businessman, Doctor, Shopkeeper, Banker, Cricketer and Chemist, but not necessarily in the same order, are sitting around a circular table, all are facing to the centre. Also they like different fruits i.e. Papaya, Orange, Mango, Pineapple, Apple, Watermelon, Guava and Peach, but not necessarily in the same order.
- O who is a Banker and his favourite fruits is Orange sits third to right of H.
- The Teacher whose favourite fruit is Guava and the Chemist are immediate neighbours of each other; neither the Teacher nor the Chemist is an immediate neighbour of either H or O.
- Cricketer and the Civil engineer whose favourite fruit is Watermelon are immediate neighbours of each other. Neither H nor G is a Civil engineer.
- The one who is a Teacher sits second to the right of X who is a Shopkeeper and X’s favourite fruit is Apple. Y who is a Cricketer is not an immediate neighbour of the Banker.
- Only N sits between the Teacher and the Doctor whose favourite fruit is Pineapple. L sits third to the right of the Civil Engineer.
- The persons whose favourite fruit are Mango and Apple, they are immediate neighbours of each other.
- The persons whose favourite fruit are Papaya and Watermelon, they are immediate neighbours of each other.
6. Which of the following pairs represents the immediate neighbours of the one whose favourite fruit is Pineapple?
B. Doctor - Teacher
C. Cricketer - Businessman
D. Banker - Chemist
E. None of these
7. What is the position of the Businessman with respect to the Civil Engineer?
A. Third to the left
B. Second to the left
C. Immediately to the right
D. Fourth to the right
E. Second to the right
8. Who sits third to the right of the Teacher ?
A. The Banker
C. The Cricketer
E. None of these
9. Which of the following is true regarding N ?
A. He is a doctor
B. He is an immediate neighbour of the Civil Engineer
C. N sits between M and X
D. He is an immediate neighbour of the Teacher and his favourite Fruit is Peach
E. None is true
10. How many people sit between the ‘Banker’ and ‘G’ when counted in anticlockwise direction from the Banker?
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here