The Prime Minister of Japan was on two days visit to India to attend 12th Indo-Japan annual summit at Gandhinagar. It was the 10th meeting between the Prime Minister of both nations. Here are some highlights of the visit of the Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe:-
The Prime Minister Abe visited Iconic Sidi Saiyyed Mosque.
- Sidi Saiyyed mosque is also known as Sidi Saiyyed Ki Jali.
- It was built in 1573 and is located near the centre of Ahmedabad Lal Darwaja.
- It is famous for its intricate stone lattice work
Modi and Abe both visited Sabarmati Ashram in Ahmedabad.
Two leaders also visited Dandi Kutir, the museum dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi, at the Mahatma Mandir.
Prime Minister Modi and Japanese Prime Minister Abe jointly laid the foundation stone for India’s 1st high speed rail project between Mumbai and Ahmedabad.
- The project is set to be completed in 2022.
- The project costs Rs. 1,10,00 Cr.
- The train on this network will run at peak speeds of 350km/hr.
Total 15 agreements have been signed between India and Japan during this visit.
- Disaster Risk Management: Maintenance of Certification (MoC) b/w the Ministry of Home Affairs, of India and the Cabinet Office of the Government of Japan.
- Economic and Commercial: Arrangement b/w India Post and Japan Post on Administrative Instruction for the Implementation of Cool Express Mail Service (EMS).
- Skills Development: MoC in the field of Japanese Language Education in India b/w Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) and Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), Japan
- Civil Aviation: Exchange of RoD on Civil Aviation Cooperation (Open Sky).
- Connectivity: India Japan Act East Forum.
- Academics/Think Tank: MoU between Remote Installation Server (RIS) and Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organisation (IDE-JETRO).
- Total four agreements have been made b/w India and Japan in the field of sports.
- Letter of Intent b/w Sports Authority of India and University of Tsukuba, Japan.
- Letter of Intent b/w Lakshmibai National Institute of Physical Education (LNIPE) and University of Tsukuba, Japan.
- MoU on International Academic and Sports Exchange b/w LNIPE and Nippon Sports Science University, Japan (NSSU).
- MoU on International Academic and Sports Exchange b/w Sports Authority of India and NSSU, Japan.
Science & Technology:
- Agreement for THEMS, RIKEN and Simons-NCBS.
- Joint Research Contract b/w National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science & Technology (AIST), Japan and Department of Biotechnology (DBT).
- MoU b/w DBT and National Institute of Advanced Science & Technology (AIST)
- MOC between Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) and the State of Gujarat on ‘Japan-India special programme for Make In India’ in Mandal Bechraj-Khoraj in Gujarat.
- India-Japan Investment Promotion Road map between Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP) and Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI).
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here