- Finance is an agreement in which the financial institution gives finance to buy an asset or any other property to the customer.
- It is one type of loan agreement where a person indebted to the financial company which gives finance to buy an asset.
- If a person takes finance, he has to pay a certain percentage of total amount of an asset, known as down payment.
- A finance company charges interest for that so at the end of paying back the amount becomes higher than the borrowed amount.
- A company or an entity can pay back in instalments.
- Once you pay all instalments in a time limit, one can become an owner of an asset.
- Finance is considered as a capital expenditure.
Finance for home, car, business, etc.
- A lease is an agreement between two parties that is lessee and the lessor, a lessee can use and control an asset without buying it.
- In a lease, a lessor buys an asset and give a right to use an asset for a certain period of time in return for lease rent.
- A lease rent is paid for using the asset and this rent is an income to the lessor.
- A lease may be a long term or for the short term depending upon the agreement.
- Leasing is a borrowing but in leasing, you are not buying an asset but
- The leasing entity buys on behalf of you and allows you to make use of it for a certain time limit like 5 years.
- So a person can use that property until a contract comes to an end.
- Leasing is considered as an operating expense.
- At the end of the lease period, a person doesn't become an owner of an asset.
- In a lease, a rent has to be paid on every month.
- In a leasing, a lesser amount is used to decide the interdental interest and the left amount is called a residual. So, if a client wants to become an owner of the property he has to pay that residual amount.
Difference Between Finance and Lease
|Finance is an arrangement which allows a person to buy the asset without paying the entire amount in a lump sum.||Lease is a financial agreement that one person buys an asset and allows the other to use it.|
|In finance a customer pay interest along with equally monthly instalments.||In a lease, rent is paid by the lessee to the lessor.|
|In finance, there is a down payment.||In lease, there is nothing like down payment in it.|
|Finance is considered as a capital expenditure.||A lease is considered as an operating expense.|
|In finance if a customer pays the EMIs along with interest in time, a customer becomes an owner of a property.||In Lease after expiry of the agreement a lessee either buy the property at a residual value or give back a property to the lessor.|
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here