Some Important facts:
- The portal is a single interface for food businesses to cater to both domestic operation and food imports. Jointly launched by MoFPI and FSSAI.
- This tool is used as an effective and transparent implementation of the food safety law also focuses on six key areas food standards, consistent enforcement, hassle-free food imports, credible food testing and codified food safety practices of the food sector.
- The portal propels to accomplish the Government’s mission of ‘one nation, one food law’.
- It will also assist investors to make informed investment decisions and provide information on Central and State Governments policies, agro-producing clusters, infrastructure, and potential areas of investment in the food-processing sector, which has been listed on ‘Nivesh Bandhu’ Portal.
About World Food India Expo:
- To prefer India as a destination for investing in the food business, the event will host 8 sectoral conferences and 2 plenary sessions.
- Over 150 Global CEOs will come to attend the event and it is expected from the event that it will generate Rs 65000 crore investment and 10 lakh jobs.
- More than 40 countries have committed FDI in Food Processing Sector till now and this is the first time such Exhibition on Food Processing is happening in India.
Name of the Portal
Government of India
November 3, 2017
Union Ministry of Food Processing Industries under the leadership of Union Minister Ms Harsimrat Kaur Badal
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here