- The 8th edition of Global Entrepreneurship Summit was held in Hyderabad, the capital of Telangana state which is a T-hub.
- The two-day summit was organised by the National Institution for Transforming India in alliance with the government of the United States of America.
- The Event was inaugurated by the honourable Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi, Ms Ivaka Trump an adviser to the president of United States of America and many more intellectuals from the corner of the innovation and entrepreneurship world.
Theme of the summit
- The theme is “Women First, Prosperity for All”
- The purpose of the summit was is to celebrate entrepreneurial enthusiasm, power, diversity, and entirety of the women.
- The first edition of Global entrepreneurship summit 2017 was hosted in South Asia
- The event facilitates an environment for change, modification, discovery and entrepreneurship of India which include actions of the government which improves the ease of doing business, eliminates rules and regulations and to support start-ups.
- Hyderabad has a sturdy startup ecosystem, premier academic institutions, supportive government policies and expertise in various backgrounds.
- This summit brought a unique opportunity to the entrepreneurs, investors, educators, and government officials of the world and especially for India.
- It focused on empowering entrepreneurs to throw their purposes, form alliances, secure funding, and design innovative products and services that will modify societies.
- The summit aimed at providing help to generate an environment that empowers innovators, particularly women to take their ideas to the next level because in emerging and advanced countries also face gigantic obstacles to develop a business.
- GES gives an important link between authorities, the private sector and global members to show and share their ideas, find a new opportunity for investment.
Healthcare and life sciences
- The arrival of the Internet of things, progress in data analysis and artificial intelligence has generated unique growth opportunities in the healthcare and life science industry. The main agenda in the GES for healthcare and life science is to invest in the healthcare industry, low-cost additions in healthcare.
Digital economy and financial technology
- Entrepreneurship is the hub of the digital economy and innovators are the heart and soul of the global transformation to design new patterns, to promote a high level of connectivity and low-cost service. The digital economy has made easy for the consumers to access banking services, lowered the transaction charges and expands the economy.
Energy and infrastructure
- Entrepreneurship helps societies to refurbish the infrastructure by using maximum efficiency, lessening trash and more access to high quality of life. A summit specifically focuses on technologies to build a smart city by improving infrastructure, by maintaining water resources and use the natural resources like wind power, solar power and so on.
Media and entertainment
- A media and entertainment industry provides a golden opportunity to the innovators to express their ideas and connect the world all-around by sharing cultural value and creativity and it will also create employment.
Summary of the event
|Name of the summit||Global Entrepreneurship Summit 2018|
|Held on||28th November – 30th November 2017|
|venue||Hyderabad International Convention Centre, Hyderabad, India|
|Launched by||NITI Ayog in partnership with the United States Of America|
|Inaugurated by||Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi and Ms Ivaka trump an Adviser to the President of America|
|Theme||Women First, Prosperity for All|
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here