- Bhavantar Bharpai Yojana is launched on 1st January 2018 by Haryana government within a state.
- It is launched by the chief minister of Haryana, Shri Manohar Lal Khattar.
- It is managed, regulated and supervised by state agricultural department and state government.
- Objective: To give right price of crops to farmers
Meaning of Bhavantar Bharpai Yojana
- Bhav means price
- Antar means difference, the difference between the current price of crop and base price fixed by the state government.
- Bharpai means compensation if farmers will sell below base price state government will compensate.
Highlights of Bhavantar Bharpai Yojana
- In this Yojana, a state government will first try and fix a minimum support price or base price of vegetables for farmers because due to natural or artificial disasters, farmers do not get the right price for their crop.
- A state government will fix base price for each and every crop which is grown in the state.
- It means if farmers sell their vegetable below certain price or at a very low price, this yojana will directly benefit state farmers to the price difference for crop yielded if farmers sell their crop at a low price than the minimum support price fixed by the state government. So, under this yojana, farmers will at least get the least base price.
- The aim of this scheme is to give a common and real price to farmers for their crop.
- Currently, this yojana covers only four crops that are Potato, tomato, onion and Cauliflower.
- To avail benefit for this yojana, frames have to register online by understanding yojana procedure for the betterment of price otherwise farmers will not get the benefit without online registration.
- To make sure the selling price of crop and do not put farmers in distress situation by giving price which is at least same to cultivation cost.
- A state government aim to bring 25% of the total cultivable area under horticulture.
- This yojana will give relief to state farmers and protect against hazards up to the cost price of a crop so that they will do not bear lose at least.
- If Government decided a fixed price of Red chilly Rs10 per kg as a base piece and Farmer sold his Red chilly at Rs 7 then the state government will give Rs 3 as compensation.
Features of Bhavantar Bharpai Yojana
To empower farmers
- This scheme will empower farmers and ensure that they will at least do not lose the investment they did.
Cover all farmers
- This scheme is applicable to all farmers who grow modern or traditional crops.
Fixed Monetary benefits
- Under this scheme, the state government will give the fixed price decided as a base price which directly transferred to farmer's account by calculating the difference between selling price and base price.
Encourage for innovation and new technology
- This scheme will guarantee in case if the actual price is not realized, so farmers can take a risk and try some innovative farming seeds and use some new technology.
Required documentsDocuments required under this yojana are listed below.
- Bank Passbook,
- Aadhar Card,
- Passport Size photograph,
- Voter ID
- Address Proof
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here