- FAME stands for Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles and this scheme is a part of National Electric Mobility Mission (NEMM) which was set by the Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises under the central government of India.
- It is launched by the central government of India under the Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises.
- The central government has allocated total budget for this scheme is Rs 14000 crore.
Background of FAME India scheme:
- The central government of India has introduced FAME India Scheme on 1st April 2015.
- FAME Scheme mainly focuses on four areas Technology development, Demand Creation, Pilot Projects and Charging Infrastructure.
- The first phase of FAME India scheme is 2 years i.e. 1st April 2015 to 31st March 2018.
- It also covers Hybrid & Electric technologies like Mild Hybrid, Strong Hybrid, and Plug-in Hybrid & Battery Electric Vehicles.
- In the year 2015-16, the central government allocated Rs 75 crore and in the year 2016-2017, Rs 91 crore was allocated.
- The central government has allocated Rs 155 crore for pilot projects, charging infrastructure projects and technological development projects
- From the date of launch, almost 99000 hybrid or electric vehicles (xEVs) have been supported directly by demand incentives.
FAME India Scheme 2
- FAME India scheme 2 is going to expand from the1st April 2018.
- So in the second phase, the aim of central government is to make public transportation system fully electric and to replace all old public transportation vehicles.
- 100% electrification of all the Public Transport System
- To support hybrid or electric vehicles market development and Manufacturing eco-system.
- To promote eco-friendly vehicles
Highlights of fame India Scheme
- FAME India Scheme emphasis on e-vehicles and promote e-mobility.
- It will lessen the level of pollution in India by making public transportation system 100 percent completely electric,
- Under this scheme, all vehicles are entirely electric, worked with a chargeable battery and involve zero emissions.
- The central government will create and expand infrastructure for charging which is necessary for electric vehicles.
- This scheme aims to incentivise all segments of the vehicle that is 2 Wheeler, 3 Wheeler Auto, Passenger 4 Wheeler Vehicle, Light Commercial Vehicles and Buses.
- The intention of the scheme is to give financial and monetary incentives for adoption and market creation of both hybrid and electric technologies vehicles in the country.
- Its mandate is to promote hybrid or electric vehicles market expansion and its production eco-system in a country in order to achieve self-sustenance in a specified period.
Subsidy provided under FAME India Scheme II
- FAME India Scheme will give subsidy for buses of Rs 72 lakh to Rs 1 Crore, for Taxi Rs 1.24 lakh and for Auto Rickshaw Rs. 37,000 to Rs. 61,000.
- The Central government of India is making efforts to lessen the cost of Lithium-Ion Batteries which is used to run the electric vehicles.
List of Selected Cities under FAME India Scheme 2
- Under FAME India Scheme 2, total 11 cities are selected are which are Delhi, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Jammu, Ahmedabad Mumbai Indore, Guwahati, Bengaluru, Lucknow and Kolkata
List of Government Schemes in India 2017 - PDF
Multi-Modal Transport System
- The central government of India has launched electricity based multi-modal transport system under the Department of Heavy Industry, Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises.
- Multi-Modal Transport System need the financial support of Rs 4054.6 crore from the central government in the first phase and more funds for the better implementation in the second phase.
- The central government aims to convert all the fuel stations to charging stations with primary amenities.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here