- India is the 6th wealthiest country in the world.
- United States is the wealthiest country in the world.
- China is the second wealthiest country in the world.
- In terms of millionaires, India is seventh largest in the world.
- India has third highest number of billionaires
How wealth is calculated in this report?
- Total wealth refers to the private wealth held by all the individuals living in each country/city. It includes all their assets (property, cash, equities, business interests) less any liabilities. The report, however, excludes government funds from its figures.
Top 10 wealthiest Nations in the world:United States has retained the first spot with the total wealth of $64,584 billion in 2017,
- China with $24,803 billion stands in second place
- Japan with $19,522 billion at third.
- United Kingdom (4th, $9,919 billion),
- Germany (5th, $9,660 billion),
- France (7th, $6,649 billion),
- Canada (8th, $6,393 billion),
- Australia (9th, $6,142 billion) and
- Italy (10th, $4,276 billion).
India & Wealth report:
- India is the sixth wealthiest nation in the world with the total wealth of $8,230 billion, in a list of top 10 wealthiest nations.
- In India richest, 1 percent lot in India owns 73 percent of the wealth generated in the country in 2017
- India is also home to 20,730 multimillionaires, the seventh largest in the world.
- India has 119 billionaires, the third-highest after the US and China. (A billionaire is defined as an individual with $$1 billion or more in net assets.)
- India has 3.3 lakh HNWIs (high-net-worth individuals), ninth highest in the world,
- Over 67 crore Indians comprising the populations poorest half saw their wealth rise by just 1 percent
- The last year's survey had shown that India's richest 1 percent held a huge 58 percent of the country's total wealth -- higher than the global figure of about 50 percent.
- This year's survey also showed that the wealth of India's richest 1 percent increased by over Rs 20.9 lakh crore during 2017 -- an amount equivalent to total budget of the central government in 2017-18
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here