- Key facts related to the event
- About National conference on e-governance
- Important events in 21st national conference on e-Governance
- Important personalities in 21st national conference on e-Governance
- National e-governance awards
- Name of the event: national conference on e-Governance
- Edition: 21st
- Held at: Hyderabad on 27th & 28th February
- Theme: Technology for Accelerating Development’
About National conference on e-Governance
- Every year National conference on e-Governance was organised by the
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG), along with the
- Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India
- National conference on e-governance serves as a forum in which Secretaries of Information Technology and Administrative Reforms of the State Governments, IT Managers of the Central Government, and software solution providers would exchange opinions, discuss issues and analyse various solution frameworks
21st national conference on e-Governance & important events in it:
- The 21st national conference on e-Governance, was held at Hyderabad International Convention centre on February 27 and 28
- The theme of the conference for 2018 National conference on e-governance is, ‘Technology for accelerating Development’.
- The conference was organised by DARPG, MEITY along with Telangana state government.
- Three plenary sessions on the first day would be based on sub-themes – Building User Experience, Universalisation and Replication, and Governing e-Governance.
- On the second day, the plenary sessions would centre on e-Governance Good/Best Practices and Emerging Technologies.
- For the final session ‘Synergising Role of National and State Governments’ is the theme.
Important personalities in the event:
- Minister for IT, Municipal Administration and Industries K.T. Rama Rao was the chief guest at the inaugural session.
- Union Minister of State for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences Y.S. Chowdary would preside over the proceedings.
- Minister of State in the PMO Jitendra Singh would give away the awards.
- UIDAI Chairman and Executive Officer Ajay Bhushan Pandey
21st National e-governance awards:Every year e-governance awards are presented during National conference on e-Governance to recognize and promote excellence in implementation of e-Governance initiatives
- Earlier awards were given in twelve categories. In this edition awards were given in 8 categories
- At 21st session Dr Jitendra Singh The Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, presented the National e-governance awards
- He presented 19 awards in 8 categories for their commending efforts in use of technology.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here