Indian rivers & other names:
|Name of the River||Other Name|
Mouths of Rivers of the world
|Name of the river||Origin of the river|
|Mekong||South China sea|
Names of Cyclones in different countries:
|Origin of Cyclones||Name|
|North Atlantic (including Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico)||Hurricanes|
|Eastern and Central North Pacific||Hurricanes|
|Western Northern Pacific||Typhoons|
|Arabian Sea/Northern Indian Ocean||Tropical Cyclones|
|South Indian Ocean||Tropical Cyclones|
Major Plates in the World:
|Name of the plates|
|North American (with western Atlantic floor separated from the South American plate along the Caribbean islands) plate|
|South American (with western Atlantic floor separated from the North American plate along the Caribbean islands) plate|
|India-Australia-New Zealand plate|
|Africa with the eastern Atlantic floor plate|
|Eurasia and the adjacent oceanic plate.|
|Name of the plate||Located in|
|Cocos plate||Between Central America and Pacific plate|
|Nazca plate||Between South America and Pacific plate|
|Arabian plate||Mostly the Saudi Arabian landmass|
|Philippine plate||Between the Asiatic and Pacific plate|
|Caroline plate||Between the Philippine and Indian plate (North of New Guinea)|
|Fuji plate||North-east of Australia|
- The rise and fall of the ocean water at a particular place are called tides.
- Interval between two high tides or low tides is exactly 12 hours 25 minutes. Tides are produced as a result of the gravitational pull of the moon and the Sun on the earth.
- The highest tides in the world occur in the Bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia, Canada. The tidal bulge is 15 - 16 m.
- Lunar day is equal to the period of one rotation of the earth on its axis with respect to the moon, or the duration of time between successive crossings of a meridian by the moon, about 24 hours 50 minutes.
- A layer of the atmosphere lying between the Stratosphere and the Ionosphere is known as Mesosphere. In the mesosphere, temperature decreases as the altitude increases.
- The upper boundary of the mesosphere is the mesopause.
- The rigid part of the earth’s crust that extends from a depth of about 65km (40 miles) below the surface is known as Lithosphere. It consists Sial, the Sima, and the upper Mantle.
- Underneath it is ‘the softer, this layer known as the Asthenosphere.
- A group of islands is known as Archipelago. The name of World’s biggest Archipelago is Malay Archipelago.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here