1. First state to use auto-disable syringes:
- Andhra Pradesh has become the first state in India to use auto-disable syringes for all clinical purposes that helps to prevent infection.
- The state will execute this decision from the World Hepatitis Day, that is observed on July 28 every year.
2. EPIC Planet:
- Scientists from Physical Research Laboratory (PRL), Ahmedabad have come across with the discovery of distant planet revolving around Sun-like star.
- From this discovery, both the planet and the star have been named as EPIC.
- The planet has been mentioned as EPIC 211945201b (or K2-236b) and host star specified as EPIC 211945201 (or K2-236).
3. 106th Science Congress:
- This congress is planned to be held at Lovely Professional University (LPU) in Jalandhar, Punjab from Jan 3 to 7, 2019.
4. World’s First International Centre for Humanitarian Forensics:
- Humanitarian Forensics was launched in Gujarat.
- It plays a significant role during natural and manmade calamities which takes place at regular intervals.
5. Glonass-M satellite:
- Glonass-M satellite was launched by Russia using Soyuz-2.1b carrier from the Plesetsk space centre in Mirny, Arkhangelsk Oblast.
- GLONASS stands for Global Navigation Satellite System which helps to support real-time positioning data for surface, sea and airborne objects around globe.
- As of now, there are currently 26 Glonass satellites in orbit.
6. ICF launches MEMU:
- The Integral coach factory (ICF) kicked off the three phase energy efficient eight car Mainline Electric Multiple Unit (MEMU) project in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- The MEMU coaches are constructed using stainless steel and has a carrying capacity of 226 passengers approximately in each coach.
- MEMU is framed with stainless steel coach body and has aerodynamically shaped stainless steel front end nose for reduced air resistance, thereby saving energy.
7. Government bans Oxytocin hormone:
- Oxytocin hormone was banned by Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare from manufacturing and has also imposed sanctions on the sale of oxytocin drug formulation for domestic use in private sector in order to prevent its ill usage from 1st July 2018.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here