- Launch Date: July 2014
- Initial allocation: Rs. 100.00 Crore for 2014-15
- Improving the quality of life and education in tribal areas
- Qualitative and sustainable employment for tribal families
- Bridging infrastructural gaps
- Protection of tribal culture and heritage
- Strengthen the institutions and mechanisms which is done by addressing all the bottlenecks and issues at the administrative, technical and financial level.
- Converge all the resources and activities which are centred on tribal welfare, that will add more synergy and help speed up the progress of such areas.
- Proper and streamlined planning in which outcomes can be measured and monitored which will depend on the assessments of Panchayat Raj institutions.
- Monitor the funds allocated for tribal welfare and ensure that they reach the target areas and people for the designated schemes.
- To monitor the implementation and progress of various tribal welfare schemes, Project Implementation Cell will set up at Central Government level with Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
- Through VKY, it is envisaged to develop the backward blocks in the Schedule V States also ensuring the following:
- Qualitative and sustainable employment.
- Emphasis on quality education & higher education.
- Accelerated economic development of tribal area
- Health for all.
- Housing for all.
- Safe drinking water for all at doorsteps.
- Irrigation facilities suited to the terrain.
- All weather roads with connectivity to the nearby town/cities.
- Universal availability of electricity.
- Urban development.
- Robust institutional mechanism to roll the vehicle of development with sustainability.
- Promotion and conservation of Tribal Cultural Heritage.
- Promotion of Sports in Tribal Areas.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here