- The report is published by Asian Development Bank.
- In developing Asia the growth is projected to soften to 5.7 percent in 2019 and 5.6 percent in 2020.
- The lender also cited uncertainties stemming from U.S. fiscal policy and a possible disorderly Brexit as risks to its outlook because they could slow growth in advanced economies and cloud the outlook for the world’s second largest economy.
- China’s economy is likely to grow at 6.3 percent this year, the ADB said
- China’s growth will be retrained by restrictions on shadow banking, which is expected to limit credit expansion even as fiscal stimulus provides some offset.
- By region, South Asia will remain the fastest growing in Asia Pacific, with an expansion of 6.8 percent this year.
- Only 20 of the 45 individual economies are projected to see growth accelerate in 2019.
INDIA SPECIFIC FINDING
- India is projected to expand at a faster pace of 7.2 percent in 2019 and 7.3 percent in 2020.
- The inflation is expected to average around 4% in the first half of FY2019.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here