The report is released by Economic Intelligence Unit. It compares more than 400 individual prices across 160 products and services in cities around the world.
• Singapore which topped the rankings for the sixth consecutive year is joined by Hong Kong and Paris.
• It is for the first time three cities have share the title of the world’s most expensive city.
• Singapore is the only city that maintained its ranking from the previous year.
•Cost of living in Chinese cities remains relatively stable, while that of Southeast Asian destinations was moving up the ranks.
•Weak local currencies have pushed all five Australian and two New Zealand cities surveyed down in this year's ranking.
•Part of Asia remain the most expensive places on Earth, Asian Cities also makes several appearances at the bottom of the list.
•Top most expensive cities in the world:
1. Paris, France (1st)
2. Hong Kong, China (1st)
3. Singapore (1st)
4. Zurich, Switzerland (4th)
5. Geneva, Switzerland (5th)
• Cheapest cities in the world:
1. Caracus, Venezuela (133rd)
2. Damascus, Syria (132nd)
3. Tashkent, Uzbekistan (131st)
4. Almaty, Kazakhstan (130th)
5. Bangalore, India (129th)
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here