Today we are presenting you some important Error Correction in English Mania Session. From this session you may got similar questions in your upcoming IBPS Clerk Main Exam. Try to solve it.
English Mania: Error Correction
Directions (Q. 1–10) : Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical or idiomatic error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is 'No error' the answer is e). (Ignore errors of punctuation, if any)
1. In the modern age (a)/ twenty miles are (b)/ not a long (c)/ distance to be covered (d)/ No error (e).
2. Did he came (a)/ to see (b)/ you (c)/ yesterday evening?(d)/ No error (e).
3. No one know (a)/ who solve (b)/ these (c)/ sums (d)/ No error (e).
4. A parent has (a)/much duties (b)/ towards (c)/ his child (d)/ No error (e).
5. It is very (a)/ important (b)/ to attend (c)/ to all the classes (d)/ No error (e).
6. Rosy had not been (a)/ to Shimla for ten years (b)/ and was really looking (c)/ forward to see it again (d)/ No error (e).
7. The security guard (a)/ kept awake lest (b)/ no stranger should (c)/ not entered the house are unnoticed (d)/ No error (e).
8. A dodo was (a)/ the large fightless (b)/ bird (c)/ found in Mauritius (d)/ No error (e).
9. Once (a)/ you learnt to (b)/ swim you (c)/ will never forget it (d)/ No error (e).
10. What surprises me (a)/ is his absolute (b)/ indifference (c)/ for the entire tradegy (d)/ No error (e).
1. b, Replace "are" with "is".
2. a, Replace "came" with "come". (Rule: Do/Did Does + V1)
3. a, Replace "know" with "knows".
4. b, Replace "much" with "many". (Rule: Many + Countable Noun, Much+ Uncountable Noun)
5. d, Replace "all the" with "the all". (Rule: Use "the" before all, whole etc)
6. b, Replace "to" with "in/at".
7. d, Delete "not". (Rule: Don't use "not", when these words are present in a sentence like Forbade, Lest, Deny, Dismiss etc)
8. b, Replace "large" with "largest". (Rule: Use the Adjective after the as Superlative Degree)
9. d, Replace "will" with "would".
10. d, Replace "for" with "to". (Rule: Appropriate Preposition e.g. difference to & indifference to)
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here