1) if the data in statement A alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement B alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
2) if the data in statement B alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement A alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
3) if the data either in statement A alone or in statement B alone are sufficient to answer the question.
4) if the data in both the statements A and B together are not sufficient to answer the question.
5) if the data in both the statements A and B together are necessary to answer the question.
1. What is the rate of interest per annum?
A. An amount invested in simple interest becomes 8 times in 28 years.
B. the difference between CI and SI for 2 years on an amount of Rs. 20000 is Rs. 1250.
2. What is the cost of painting the hall at the rate of rs? 750 per meter?
A. The area of the floor of the hall is 3230 m². which are 85 times the numerical value of its breadth?
B. The height of the hall is twice the breadth of the hall.
3. What is the speed of the train?
A. A train crosses another train coming from opposite directions at the speed of 48 km in 12 seconds.
B. The train crosses another train running in the same direction at the speed of 44 kph in 22 seconds.
4. What is the area of the right-angled triangle?
A. The height and base of a triangle are in the ratio of 3:4.
B. The perimeter of the triangle is 36 cm.
Either An alone or B alone
From A, let the principal be Rs. P.
Then , amount = 8P
∴ S1 = 8P - P = 7P
T = 28 years
Both 'A' and 'B' are required;
From A, breadth = 3230/85 = 38m
∴ length = 85m
From B, Height = 2 x 38 = 76m
From A and B, we have
Cost of painting the hall = [2(I+b) x 4+I x b] x 750
= [2 (85+38) x 76 + 38 x 85] x 750
= [18696 + 3230] x 750
= Rs. 16444500
From A and B, The length of the train is not given. So we can't determine the speed of the train. Hence, both statement A and B are not sufficient to answer the questions.
Both A and B
From both A and B:
⇒ 3x + 4x + √9x² + 16x² = 36
⇒ 7x + 5x = 36
⇒ x = 3 cm
∴ Area of the triangle = 1/2 x 9 x 12 = 54 cm²
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here