IntroductionThe Government of India has initiated a major steps towards the issues related to taxpayers. E-Nivaran scheme (The new system is called as unified tax related grievance management system) is an electronic system which is launched by Union Government to address the Income tax issue and Income Tax grievance through one screen and ensure early resolution or redressal of their complaints. E-Nivaran has been launched by the government of India and the whole works will be done under one screen i.e. In paperless environment under the eyes of an assessment officer of IT department.
Fast Facts of the Scheme
- The “E-Nivaran” Scheme launched to resolve all the query related to tax issues in a single screen under the scanner of assessment officials.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi advised the Income tax department and Central Board of Direct Tax to take care of tax payers by solving the query as soon as possible related to tax issues.
- This Scheme is also launched with a motto to reduce the paper works, so as it would save time for both the Tax Payers & the departments.
- The Main Aim of this Scheme to reduce the Forged cases on tax evasions, etc. & to provide assistance through electronic media.
- To deal with the concerns an Electronic-Prevention Plan is being launched as a pilot basis in New Delhi.
- Initiatives are being taken to create awareness among masses about tax policies and procedures.
- The Whole process will be done over Electronic Media i.e. on Single Screen on Computer (Through Website).
- Union Government Advised CBDT to resolve the query related to Tax issues within a month which may be further reduced with time.
BenefitsToday there are various ways to register Income tax related issue and grievances by the common people. But for that they have to approached to correct department based on type of complaint tax payers are facing. Now this is very tough task and time taking and many people don't know where to go and where to get solutions. For example, a grievance regarding your PAN card may be registered with the two dedicated helplines of NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Ltd. and UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Ltd. Therefore, it means that online complaints are tracked by a different system compared to offline ones, makes the grievance resolution process lengthy and difficult as help line numbers are also different. Hence, government has understand this issue of the common man and thus launched the e-Nivaran to bring convenience to the people / ease on work on tax related issue.
How It Helps to Tax Payers
- After implementation of “E-Nivaran” Scheme it uses technology with a aim to ensure easier and faster resolution of complaints.
- The system not only records the origin of the grievance on the electronic platform it works on, but also keeps tracking of all figures & data, it till it reaches its logical conclusion for final resolution.
- Thus, E-Nivaran will be the one-stop-shop for all grievances. The system will integrate online and offline complaints and also have an in-house mechanism to transfer grievances to the right departments.
- With E-Nivaran, Everyone will be able to track their complaint and get a solution on the real-time basis.
- All complaints will be monitored by an assessment officer for time-bound resolution.
- A separate and dedicated window for grievance redressal in the Income Tax Business Application (ITBA), from now, this recently launched new smart electronic platform will handle the regular operations of the department.
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here