1. (A) The government contended/(B) that she could not be/(C) commissioned as she has/(D) rejected the offer earlier./(E) No Error
2. (A) The plane that crashed in Colombia/(B) was out of fuel, had no electric/(C) power and was preparing for an emergency/(D) landing when it crashed/.(E) No error
3. (A) The astronomical phenomena of Aurora Borealis/(B), commonly known as Northern Lights/(C), is caused when the Sun's energy/(D) produce a 'Solar Storm', spreading charged particles across space./(E) No error
4. (A) Dictionary has named 'Xenophobia' as Word/(B) of the Year for 2016. Xenophobia refers/(C) to the fear or hatred for foreigners/(D), people from different cultures or strangers/(E). No error
5. (A) To the wake of demonetisation, a Noida-based/(B) startup named Tailmill is making home/ (C) deliveries of cash up to Rs. 1,000 per day/(D) per customer in valid currency notes./(E) No error
6. (A) This comes amid an ongoing territorial/(B) dispute among Israel and Palestine which started in/(C) 1948. Palestine has been a non-member/(D) 'Observer' state in the UN since 2012./ (E) No error
7. (A) A study on Mumbai parents have revealed nearly 75% /(B) mothers subject their children to helicopter-style parenting/(C), characterised by tendencies of overseeing their/(D) child's life and rescuing them at the first sight of trouble./(E) No error
8. (A) Paragraph development continues with an /(B) expression of the rationale or the explanation that the/(C) writer gives for how the reader should/(D) interpret the informations presented in the idea statement or topic sentence of the paragraph./(E) No error
9. (A) The government said NGOs and/(B) voluntary organisations (VOs) need to /(C) register itself with NITI Aayog to receive/(D) grant-in-aid from the Centre./(E) No error
10. (A) Sambhaji Brigade, one of the group/(B) organising Maratha protests across/(C) Maharashtra, is set to become/(D) a political party, reports said./(E) No error
1. C; She had should be used.
2. B; electrical should be used.
3. D; produces should be used.
4. C; Hatred of is the correct phrase.
5. A; In the wake of is the correct phrase.
6. B; between should be used instead of among.
7. A; has should be used instead of have.
8. D; information is the correct word to be used.
9. C; themselves should be used instead of itself.
10. A; One of the groups is the correct answer.