Bihari Vajpayee. The scheme deals with providing health insurance against 437 illnesses
including 5 critical diseases.
AIM-Assam Government extending its hands to give quality health care which is affordable to the
people of the state.
FINANCIAL OUTLAY-Rs. 200 crore
BENEFITS-Above Poverty Line (APL) and Below Poverty Line (BPL) families with annual income below
Rs. 5 lakhs.
PROVIDES-Benefit of free treatment upto 2 lakhs per year for 5 critical diseases which include kidney,
cancer, burns, neuro and heart surgery.
OTHER IMPORTANT FACTS-
- The scheme will roll out from 1 April, 2017.
- A Health/Smart Card will be given at the cost of Rs 100/- so that assurance is cashless at the point of delivery supporting PM’s cashless move.
- The 437 illnesses are divided into six groups which are kidney, cardiovascular, cancer, burns, neo-natal and neurological conditions.
- Assam has claimed to have taken the biggest health care initiative like this as compared to any other state in the country.
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal and Health and Family Welfare Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma have spearheaded this scheme.
- A separate society under Department of Health and family Welfare will be set up for administering this scheme.
development in the north-east area of the country. The government is trying to empanel
more and more hospitals under this scheme so that treatment can be availed without much
hassle. Assam Chief Minister concluded that the government has always thought of
committing in health and this scheme will ensure that quality healthcare is affordable.
Hence Atal Amrit Abhiyan is going to be beneficial for the people of Assam.
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here