IntroductionPrime Minister Narendra Modi launched a new project named “Urja Ganga” gas pipeline project on 24th October, 2016. This project is gas pipeline project and doubling for railway track on a busy route. When Prime Minister Narendra Modi was visited his Lok Sabha Constituency Varanasi on October 24, 2016 there he inaugurated this new project. Urja Ganga is the biggest ambitious projects launched by Government including a 1,500 km long gas pipeline costing Rs. 51,000crore. This project is a huge gas pipeline project for the distribution of cooking gas to residents of the city of Varanasi within two years.
- The main objective of this project is to provide proper good cooking gas and to improve the living standards of the people in Varanasi within two years.
- This project also offers various benefits for the state which is travels and covers millions of peoples in the states like Odisha, Bihar and West Bengal and so on.
- This project would be beneficial for around 20lakh families in those eastern parts of the India like Cuttack, Patna, Kolkata, Bhubaneswar and Varanasi.
- Because of this project about 800kms pipeline would be put just only in Varanasi region and profit about 50,000 households and 20,000 vehicles for PNG and CNG correspondingly.
- This project would also provide the accessibility of approx. 5lakh LPG gas cylinders within next 5years.
- Set up 20 CNG stations for the vehicle is also part of this project to solve the problem of diesel and petrol.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off projects like doubling of railway tracks on the Allahabad to Varanasi station and expansion of Diesel Locomotive Work (DLW) besides laying foundation stone for a fully air-conditioned perishable cargo center in Varanasi.
- Government has also planned to develop 25 industrial clusters in five states like Varanasi, Patna, Bhubaneswar, Kolkata and Cuttack using the gas from this pipeline.
- Under this project a total 2540km long natural gas pipeline would be laid in five states.
- From this project a total of 40 districts and 2600 villages are expected to be benefited.
- 20,000 vehicles will get CNG because of this project so lot of people will get work as CNG as cheaper than the diesel and petrol.
- Set up 20 CNG stations for vehicle is also part of this project to solve the problem of diesel and petrol and total no of project is 1000crore which will be finally give more output to people.
- 20lakh people of Varanasi city is affected by this project as length of this city is approx. 1535km. Approx. all the farmer will benefit of this project.
Length of gas pipeline in different state:
Length of gas pipeline
Name of the Project
Urja Ganga Project
24th October, 2016
Prime Minister Norendra Modi
Place where the project launched
This project will be beneficial which part of the India
Varanasi and Eastern India
No. of Vehicles benefited under this project
Total length of natural gas pipeline under this project
Total no. of districts and villages are benefited under this project
40 & 2600
No. of households which would be benefited under this project
Total distance covered by gas pipeline under this project
No. of station will be set up under this project
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here