Today we are presenting you a 10 question set on Chemistry which is very important for your upcoming SSC CGL 2016 and RRB NTPC 2016. Try to solve it.
Chemistry Quiz for SSC and Railways Exams
1. Hydrogen bomb is based on the principle of ____________?
a) Natural radioactivity
b) Nuclear fission
c) Nuclear fusion
d) Artificial radioactivity
2. The father of modern chemistry is __________?
3. Which one of the following substances does not have a melting point____________?
a) Sodium chloride
4. Which one of the following elements is the poorest conductor of heat?
5. Which one among the following agents is added to domestic LPG cylinder to help in the detection of gas leakage?
6. The photoelectric effect is described as the ejection of electrons from the surface of a metal when _______________?
a) Electron of suitable velocity impinge on it
b) Light of suitable wavelength falls on it
c) It is heated
d) It is placed in strong electric field
7. Milk is a ______________?
d) None of these
8. Atomic number is equal to
a) Number of electrons
b) Number of nutron
c) Number of protons
d) Total number of protons and neutrons
9. Which of the following is produced during the formation of photochemical smog ?
a) Nitrogen Oxides
10. The oxide of Nitrogen used in medicine as anaesthetic is ?
a) Nitrogen pentoxide
b) Nitrous oxide
c) Nitric oxide
d) Nitrogen dioxide
1. c) Nuclear fusion
2. a) Lavoisier
3. d) Glass
4. b) Lead
5. b) Thioethanol
6. b) Light of suitable wavelength falls on it
7. c) Mixture
8. c) Number of protons
9. d) Ozone
10. a) Nitrogen pentoxide
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here