In each of the following questions, find out which part of the sentence has an error.If there is no mistake, the answer is 'No error'.
1. In management , as you rise higher,(a) / the problems you face become more and more unstructured and you can't just fall back on (b)/ the tools you had been (c)/ taught (d)/ No error(e).
2. The whole thing moves (a)/ around the concept of building a small dynamic (b)/ organisation into a larger one (c)/ No error (d).
3. Remember that you are part of (a)/ the team and your success depends on the support (b)/ you are able to give and get from your other team member(c)/ No error (d).
4. Another reason for pharmaceutical companies beefing up their (a)/ OTC ( over the Counter) divisions is that prescription drugs with proven safety records which have been reached (b)/ the end of their patent protection period are (c) / allowed to be sold without a prescription (d) / No error (e).
5." Meatless Days" (a)? have been made (b)/ into a film (c) / No error (d).
6. The difficult situation in which I found myself (a)/ is not made easy (b)/ by her constant nagging and grumbling (c)/ No error (d).
7. Swift's Gulliver's Travels (a) / Have been read by me (b) / several times (c) / No error (d).
8. A high level meeting (a) / of officials is reporting (b) / to have discussed (c) / the issue in great detail (d) / No error(e).
9. This room would look much better (a)/ if you put a furniture (b)/ in that corner (c) / No error (d).
10. The little boy knows (a) / how to start the engine (b) / but does not know to stop it (c)/ No error (d).
11. My friend is the kind of person (a) / who will face up (b)/ to the most demanding tasks (c) / No error(d).
12. Tell me the name of (a)/ a country where every citizen is law-abiding (b)/ and no trouble is there (c) / No error (d).
13. As poor as they are (a) / They never refuse to donate, (b) / for any noble cause (c) / No error (d).
14. The cause of earth quakes (a) / is the heat in the (b) / earth interior (c) / No error (d).
15. Sheela has scored a first class (a) / in her final exams (b) / isn't it ? (c) / No error (d).
Ans 1. Fall back upon
Ans 2. Large dynamic one
Ans 3. 'a' part 'of'
Ans 4. Remove 'been'
Ans 5. Replace 'have' by 'has'
Ans 6. Replace 'is' by 'was'
Ans 7. Replace 'have' by 'has'
Ans 8. Replace 'reporting ' by 'reported'
Ans 9. Remove 'a'
Ans 10. Add 'how' after 'know'
Ans 11. No error
Ans 12. No error
Ans 13. The correct form is ' Poor as they are .....'
Ans 14. Replace 'earth' by 'earthquakes'.
Ans 15. Replace 'isn't it? by 'hasn't she ?'
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here