Directions :In each of the following questions,find out which part of the sentence has no error. if there is no mistake, the answer is "No error'.
1. He fell from a running train (a) / and would have died (b)/ if the villagers did not get him admitted in the nearby hospital immediately (c) / No error (d).
2. The teacher promised (a) / that he would explain it (b) / if they came (c) / before school the following day (d) No error (e).
3. although we are free (a) / for the last forty five years or so, (b) / yet we continue to be economically backward (c) / no error (d).
4. I wonder (a)/ what he has done with the book (b) / I lend him (c) / No error (d).\
5. He makes it clear in the very first novel (a) / of this period that (b) / he sees his life and work on dramatic terms (c) / No error (d).
6. Frozen foods are so popular today (a)/ that many people wonder (b) / how they ever lived without them (c) / No error (d).
7. The mission provides (a) / able service to all (b) / the needy people in this area (c) / during last few years (d) / no error (e).
8. It was apparent to everyone present (a) / that he would die (b) / if he doesn't receive (c) / timely help (d) / No error (e).
9. If a thing (a) / is worth doing at all (b) / it is worth done well (c) / No error(d).
10. Having deprived from their homes (a) / in the recent earthquake, (b) / they had no other option but (c) / to take shelter in a school (d) / No error (e).
(1) Replace 'did not get ' by 'had not get'
(2) No error
(3) Replace 'are' by 'have been'
(4) Replace 'lend'by 'lent'
(5) Replace 'makes' by 'has made'
(6) Add 'had' before 'ever'
(7) Replace 'provides' by 'has provided'
(8) Replace 'doesn't by ' didn't'.
(9) Add 'being' before ' done'
(10) Replace 'having' by 'having been'
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here