Are you having a shortage of words when describing certain situations? In this article words related to travelling are covered. So, next time when you would be talking about trips and tours don’t forget to use these words in your conversation as this is a good way to remember words which you have learned.adventurous. We passed through serpentine valleys having tremendous views. We stopped at various spots to capture moments. Finally, we reached our dream destination around midday. After taking a rest in our hotel for an hour, we went for sightseeing. Firstly, we visited the very famous Mall Road. There were many old traditional buildings of the British Empire. Tourists from all over the world visit this place. One can easily find various eating joints on this road. We tried delectable desserts offered by these shops before visiting an adjoining wooden market. Few of my friends purchased souvenirs over there.
The next day, we noticed few travel agents were offering expeditions to Kufri, which is about 16 km from Shimla. Although it was not on our itinerary, we signed up for a guided tour to Kufri. There we were mesmerized by the beauty of snow covered mountains. Several snow games were also available over there. After spending the whole day in Kufri, we returned to our hotel in the evening.
Words with Meaning and Additional Examples
Meaning: Willing to take risks or to try out new methods, ideas, or experiences.
- He is an adventurous traveler.
- Good travelers are usually adventurous.
Meaning: Winding and twisting like a snake
- This coil is serpentine in appearance
- He has just completed a three-mile long journey comprised of serpentine routes.
Meaning: Extremely good or impressive; excellent
- She is doing a tremendous job.
- His son has made tremendous progress over the years.
Synonyms: Wonderful, Marvelous, Magnificent, Superb
Meaning: The activity of visiting places of interest in a particular location.
- After several hours on a bumpy road, you will be rewarded with some of the most spectacular and memorable sightseeing of your trip.
- You should always leave two days extra for sightseeing and shopping.
Meaning: Extremely pleasing to the sense of taste
- The dessert offered was delectable
- Food at his birthday party was delectable.
Meaning: next to or joined with
- I was in an adjoining room.
- We are planning to sell the adjoining land.
Meaning: A thing that is kept as a reminder of a person, place, or event.
- Key chain souvenirs were given out to the visitors on that day.
- This shop now has a wonderful stock of gifts and souvenirs.
Meaning: A journey undertaken by a group of people with a particular purpose especially that of exploration, research, or war
- He is courageous enough to undertake an adventurous expedition.
- Hundreds of companies offer places on expeditions to climb the highest peaks in the world.
Meaning: A planned route or journey
- His itinerary includes an official trip to Europe.
- I do not want to change my travel itinerary.
Meaning: A tour of a place conducted by a guide
- Visitors can enjoy a guided tour of the museum.
- You can take a guided tour to see the wildlife.
Meaning: Capture the complete attention of (someone)
- We were mesmerized by his story.
- I was mesmerized by his melodious voice.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here