- In hexadecimal numbering system, we use numbers from 0 to 9 and capital letters A to F.
- India’s first computer was installed at Indian Statistical Institute at Calcutta in 1955.
- The ascending order of a data hierarchy is: Bit – Byte – Field – Record – File – Database
- The register that contains the data to be written into or readout of the addressed location is called Memory Data Register.
- The individual dots that form the image on a monitor are called pixels.
- Today’s computer giant IBM was earlier known as Computer Tabulating Recording Corp. which was changed in 1924.
- John Whitney is known as the father of Computer Animations.
- File Infector viruses, also known as parasitic viruses that usually infect executable program files.
- Firewall is network security system that protects, monitors, or prevents use of network from unauthorized users. It also monitors the incoming and outgoing traffic based on some specified rules of a system.
- World’s first computer mouse was invented by Doughlas Engelbart in 1964.
- A 404 error comes when you try to access a resource/webpages that does not exist, this can be because the link is broken, the website/URL is mistyped or the item/webpage has been moved / deleted.
- Full form of GOOGLE is Global Organisation of Oriented Group Language of Earth.
- In full-duplex transmission mode devices can transmit and receive data simultaneously. For e.g. telephone conversation.
- Hybrid topology is a combination of any two or more network topologies. It is extremely flexible and reliable but expensive.
- An extremely fast computer capable to perform hundreds of millions of instructions per second is called Super Computer. It is basically used for weather forecasting, stock market analysis, scientific calculations, research analysis etc.
Test Your Memory Take Quiz
1. In hexadecimal numbering system, we use numbers from 0 to 9 and capital letters
a. A to I
b. A to K
c. A to J
d. A to F
India’s first computer was installed at Indian Statistical Institute at Calcutta in
What is the correct ascending order of (1)Field – (2) Byte– (3)Bit – (4)File - – (5)Record – (6)Database?
In which year did Computer Tabulating Recording Corp. changed its name to IBM?
Who is known as the father of Computer Animations?
a. John Atanasoff
b. Jean Bartikc. John Whitney
d. Vannevar Bush
Doughlas Engelbart invented the world's first
c. wireless keyboard
d. computer speakers
What does the E refer to in GOOGLE?
________ is a combination of any two or more network topologies?
a. Hybrid topology
b. Tree Topology
c. Mesh Topology
d. Ring Topology
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here