5 Most Effective Ways To Learn Vocabulary
1. Read More and More Context.The learning of vocabulary words are mostly done from the context. You will have the better vocabulary by introducing new words. Just pay a close attention while reading the words you don't know. Firstly try to find out their meanings from context and then look the words up. Try to listen and read the challenging material so that you can able to build many new words.
2. Practice As Much As You Can.It is truly said that ' Practice Makes Man Perfect'. So only reading words from the context won't help you very much. You should repeat that words approx. 10 to 20 times to make a part of your vocabulary. You should start using them, as soon as you learn a new words. From time to time, anaylsis your index to watch if you forget any of your new words.
3. Make a habit of looking words you don't know.Just try to keep your electronic gadgets open and handy with American Online and other internet services having dictionaries on their toolbars. The word you are not absolutely sure of just look up and find them. Also use wordfinder online service to find the word that fits best when you write.
4. Put Face or Motion While Learning.Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking are the four best ways to learn vocabulary, but adding motions or other sensory learning methods can really help. Presenting the words with a sign, a grim face, a disgusted face, a huge smile,or sly look can build its meaning in a way that memorization can't.
5. Play With Vocabulary Words.Those students who are serious about vocabulary, for them there are many books that focus on the words which are commonly found in standardized test papers, such as the GRE and SAT. There are also various Internet sites for interesting words, in which many can send you a word a day by email.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here