GST Enrolment AppTo enrol in GST Network through mobile phones, taxpayers can download and install the GST Enrolment App on their mobile7 phones from Google Play Store. The only requirement in their mobile phones is Android version 4.4 or above.
The Icon of GST enrolment app:
- The Enrolment Application form can be filled in offline mode. Whereas to submit the Enrolment Application, it is mandatory to be connected to the internet. For submission, the users will be redirected to the GST Common Portal from their mobile device.
- When a taxpayer doing business registers under GST in the portal, he/ she is given a provisional GSTIN. This provisional ID and password are mandatory requirements to log in to the GST portal. After obtaining the provisional ID, in the second stage, the user has to log in to the GSTN portal and give details of the business, (the main place of business, additional place of business, directors and bank account details). This 15-digit provisional ID would work as the Goods and Services Taxpayer Identification Number (GSTIN) for the initial few months.
- An e-mail and SMS will be sent on the registered e-mail address and mobile number of the authorized signatory after submitting the data in the app. Users can always check the further status of the Enrolment Application in the GST Portal. (www.gst.gov.in)
- In order to help the taxpayers in preparing and filing their monthly returns easier and cheaper, Goods and Services Network (GSTN) has unveiled a simple excel based template.
- This excel workbook template can be used to perform offlinedata entry before uploading on the GST portal on or before the 10th of the next month. It can be freely downloaded from the GST Common portal (www.gst.gov.in).
- In addition, This Excel template along with an offline tool will help to upload a large number of invoices easier and quicker. The offline tool is proposed to be released after July 15, 2017. Based on the data entered in the Excel sheet, the proposed offline tool will prepare a file which should be uploaded by the taxpayer on GST Portal. Only while uploading the file on the GST portal, Internet connectivity will be required.
Goods and Services Tax Identification Number (GSTIN)
- To start issuing of registration certificate, called Goods and Services Tax Identification Number (GSTIN), to taxpayers who have already been issued provisional ID for registration (PID) as well as to the new taxpayers, the rules related to Registration and Composition Scheme have been notified. These rules have been brought into effect from 22nd June, 2017.
- A person who has been granted PID and who chooses to enter composition scheme, should submit an intimation of option in a prescribed form on GSTN on or before 21st July, 2017.
- It is also announced that, a person seeking fresh registration can apply for registration within thirty days from the date on which he becomes liable for registration. They can also opt for composition scheme at the time of filing of a registration form.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here