New Student Offer - Use Code HELLO

Register Now

Probability Practice Set For RBI Grade B

Published on Tuesday, January 09, 2018

Question Set-1

Bankexamtoday wants to open his office in India. There are 40% & 60% chance that their office will be in Haryana & Punjab respectively. If they open the office in Haryana, there is 40% chance that it will be in Panchkula & 60% chance that it will be in Chandigarh. If they start an office in Punjab, there are 50%, 25% & 25% chances that it will be in Ludhiana, Amritsar & Chandigarh respectively.

Ques.1: 

Find the probability of opening the office in Ludhiana?
(a) 1/5
(b) 3/10
(c) 4/10
(d) 6/10
(e) none of these.

Ques.2: 

What is the probability of opening the office in Chandigarh from any of those two states?
(a) 39/100
(b) 2/10
(c) 2/5
(d) 4/9
(e) none of these.

Question Set-2: 

There are two sets of letters & we have to choose exactly one letter from each set.
Set A: {A, B, C, D, E}
Set B: {U, V, W, X, Y, Z}


Ques.1: 

What is the probability of choosing a D and X?
(a) 1/30
(b) 2/30
(c) 3/30
(d) 4/30
(e) none of these.

Ques.2: 

What is the probability of choosing a D or X?
(a) 1/2
(b) 1/3
(c) ¼
(d) 1/5
(e) none of these.

Ques.3: 

What is the probability of choosing two vowels?
(a) 1/15
(b) 2/15
(c) 3/15
(d) 4/15
(e) none of these

Ques.4:

What is the probability of choosing at least one vowel?
(a) 3/2
(b) 1
(c) 1/2
(d) 1/3
(e) none of these.

Question Set3. 

Tiger has 4 books of Arithmetic, 3 books of advanced-math & 2 books of combine metrics. Out of these books, he selects two books at random one after other. What is the probability that he selects one Arithmetic & one combine metrics book?
(a) 1/9
(b) 2/9
(c) 3/9
(d) 4/9
(e) none of these.

Question Set4: 

Raj has two bags viz. Bag A & Bag B. Each bag contains balls of two colours viz. red and green. Given that, Bag A contains 3 red balls & 4 green balls and bag B contains 4 red balls & 5 green balls.

Ques.1. 

Raj has to select one bag randomly and pick a ball from that. What is the probability that ball drawn is green in colour?
(a) 67/126
(b) 69/126
(c) 71/126
(d) 73/126
(e) none of these.

Ques.2. 

Simran, a friend of raj transferred a ball from bag A to bag B, then raj draws a ball from bag B. What is the probability that ball drawn is green in colour?
(a) 69/126
(b) 38/75
(c) 35/69
(d) 39/70
(e) none of these.

Ques.3. 

Simran, a friend of raj transferred a ball from bag A to bag B, then raj draws a ball from bag B. Find the probability that the transferred ball is green, given that the ball drawn is green in colour?
(a) 5/17
(b) 8/13
(c) 7/13
(d) 5/24
(e) none of these.

Answer Set1. 

Ans. 1.

The probability of opening the office in Ludhiana= P (office in Punjab) ×P (office in Ludhiana)

Ans. 2. 

The probability of opening the office in Chandigarh
= P( Office in Chandigarh from Haryana) 0r P (Office in Chandigarh from Punjab) 


Answer Set2.

Ans. 1.



Ans. 2.

The probability of choosing a D or X = P(D or X) = P(D)+P(X)-P(D∩X)


Ans. 3.



Ans. 4.

The probability of choosing at least one vowel= 1- probability of choosing no vowel

Answer. Set 3

 The probability of selecting one Arithmetic & one combine metrics book

Question Set4:

Ans. 1.

Required probability = P(selecting bag A & drawing green ball) or
P(selecting bag B & drawing a green ball) = 


Ans. 2.

 If a red ball is transferred, then bag B will have 5 red balls & 5 green balls.
Probability that green ball is drawn=

Ans. 3.

(Hint: Bayes’ theorem)
The probability that the transferred ball is green, given that the ball drawn is green


ebook store

About us

ramandeep singh

Ramandeep Singh, your guide to banking and insurance exams. With 14 years of experience and 5000+ selections, Ramandeep understands the path to success, having transitioned himself from Dena Bank and SBI. He's passionate about helping you achieve your banking and insurance dreams.

  • Follow me:
Close Menu
Close Menu