Data Interpretation Practice Set for RBI Grade B Part 6

Data Interpretation Practice Set for RBI Grade B Part 6

  • India has acquired an exalted status on the global tea map. The country is the second largest tea producer in the world. Interestingly, India is also the world's largest consumer of black tea during 2013-14. India is ranked fourth in terms of tea exports.
  • The top export markets in volume terms for 2015-16 were Russian Federation, Iran and Pakistan. In terms of value, the top export markets were Russian Federation, Iran and UK.
  • According to estimates, the tea industry is India's second largest employer. It employs over 3.5 million people across some 1,686 estates and 157,504 small holdings; most of them women.
  • Area under tea cultivation (end-2013) & production in 2013-14 is given in the table below. Read the data carefully and answer the following questions. Each question is independent of other questions.

Note: 

  1. All Total = Total North India + Total south India,
  2. Total North India = Assam + West Bengal + Other Northern States
  3. Total South India = Tamil Nadu+ Kerala + Karnataka
  4. Production Yield =

Area under tea cultivation (end-2013) & production in 2013-14:

State/District Area Under tea cultivation
(thousands hectare)
Production of tea
(Million Kg)
Assam 300 630
West Bengal 135 310
Other Northern States 15 25
Total North India 450 965
Tamil Nadu 70 175
Kerala 35 60
Karnataka 5 10
Total south India 110 245
All Total 560 1210

Question1:

Total area under tea cultivation (thousands hectare) in Assam consists of Assam Valley and Cachar district in the ratio 4:1. If production yield of Assam Valley is 2.4, then find the tea production of Cachar district (million kg)?
(a) 48
(b) 54
(c) 60
(d) 65
(e) none of these

Question2: 

Which of the following options shows the correct order of tea production yield of Assam, west Bengal, Tamil Nadu and Kerala:
(a)Kerala ˃ Assam ˃ Tamil Nadu ˃ West Bengal
(b)Tamil Nadu ˃ West Bengal ˃ Kerala ˃ Assam
(c)Tamil Nadu ˃ West Bengal ˃ Assam ˃ Kerala
(d) West Bengal ˃ Assam ˃ Tamil Nadu˃ Kerala
(e) none of these

Question3: 

Total area under cultivation in North India is 22.22% more than area under tea cultivation, with production yield of 1.9. Find the production of crops other than tea in North India (million kg)?
(a) 65
(b) 80
(c) 94
(d) 105
(e) none of these

Question4: 

All varieties of tea are produced in India, where CTC (Crush, Tear, Curl) teas account for 90% of production, Orthodox/green and instant tea accounts for remaining 10%. 60% of the CTC teas and 80% of the Orthodox/green and instant teas are exported by India. Find the total Exports of tea by India approximately (million kg)?
(a) 625
(b) 750
(c) 800
(d) 550
(e) none of these

Qustion5: 

Tea production by Tamil Nadu, Kerala, other Northern states and Karnataka combined together is what percentage of tea production by Assam State?
(a) 35.75%
(b) 42.85%
(c) 48.25%
(d) 54.5%
(e) none of these

Data Interpretation Practice Set for RBI Grade B Part 5

Solutions

Answer 1.

Assam Valley : Cachar = 4:1
Therefore, Area under tea cultivation in Assam valley=
 Total area under tea cultivation (thousands hectare) in Assam consists of Assam Valley and Cachar district in the ratio 4:1. If production yield of Assam Valley is 2.4, then find the tea production of Cachar district (million kg)?
So, Area under tea cultivation in Cachar District= 300-240= 60
Given, Production yield of Assam valley= 2.4
Production Yield
= 2.4 ⇒ Production = 2.4 ✕ 240 = 576
So, tea production of Cachar district = 630-576 = 54

Answer 2.

Production Yield = Production Yield
Which of the following options shows the correct order of tea production yield of Assam, west Bengal, Tamil Nadu and Kerala:
So, Correct order will be, Tamil Nadu ˃ West Bengal ˃ Assam ˃ Kerala

Answer 3.

 Total area under cultivation in North India = 122.22% 0f area under tea cultivation
Total area under cultivation in North India is 22.22% more than area under tea cultivation, with production yield of 1.9. Find the production of crops other than tea in North India (million kg)?
Therefore, Production = Production yield × Area under cultivation
⇒ = 1.9 × 550 = 1045
So, Production of other crops = 1045-965=80

Answer 4.

Exports of CTC teas= 90% ×60% of Production= 54% of Production
Exports of Orhothodox/green and instant teas =10% ×80% 0f Production= 8% of Production
Therefore, Total tea exports = (54% +8%) of Production
All varieties of tea are produced in India, where CTC (Crush, Tear, Curl) teas account for 90% of production, Orthodox/green and instant tea accounts for remaining 10%. 60% of the CTC teas and 80% of the Orthodox/green and instant teas are exported by India. Find the total Exports of tea by India approximately (million kg)?

Answer 5.

Total tea production by Tamil Nadu, Kerala, other Northern states and Karnataka
= 175+60+25+10 =270
Therefore, required percentage 
Total tea production by Tamil Nadu, Kerala, other Northern states and Karnataka


Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here


Join 40,000+ readers and get free notes in your email

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It's very difficult to answer every query here, it's better to post your query on IBPSToday.com