"A child without education , is like Eye without sight"
- Eklavya Education Foundation was started in the year 1996, to improve the school education system among Tribal people in India.
- Basically, It is a non-profit organisation started by young educators and businessmen to run schools and teacher training colleges in a modern and ethical manner.
The story behind Eklavya schools:
- In 1986, chairman of the company Core Emballage Ltd decided to invest their profit in 4 cycles.
- The amount earned in the first cycle has been Reinvested in their business.
- The amount earned in the second cycle has given to their employees in terms of salary increment.
- Amount earned in the third cycle to their shareholders.
- Finally, amount earned in the 4rth cycle to the welfare of the society, by setting up the non-profit educational institution for Tribal people in the name ' Eklavya'.
- Eklavya Model Residential Schools (EMRS) have been constructed in many states and Union Territories under Article 275(1) of the Constitution of India.
- Thus the main objective of EMRS is to provide quality education to Scheduled Tribe students.
Coverage of the scheme - criteria:
- As per existing Guidelines, at least one EMRS is to be set up in each Tribal area having 50% ST population.
Structure of EMRS:
- For Admission to these schools, preference will be given to children belonging to Primitive Tribal Groups.
- Sufficient land to construct the school would be given by the State Government for free of cost.
- The number of seats for both boys and girls will be equal.
- Education will be free in these schools.
- Every class can have a maximum of 60 and the total sanctioned strength of the school will be 480 students.
- In Higher Secondary level, there will be three sections per class for the three branches of Science, Commerce & Humanities. The maximum strength of each section will be 30 students.
Who manages Eklavya schools:
- Eklavya schools will be managed either by the state or central board of secondary education.
- The number of teachers to be appointed will be strictly followed under the Schedule to the right of children to free and Compulsory Education Act 2009.
Policies to recruit staffs:
- The recruitment is done by submitting an application to the DM of the district, whenever there is the vacancy in a prescribed format.
- The maximum number of women teachers are been recruited.
- Highest quality teachers and staffs are been recruited for academic and other extracurricular activities.
- As per the Eklavya scheme all teachers including principle will be appointed temporarily for 12 months, based on their performance the contract will be extended further.
- Any time teachers will be terminated if they don't follow the terms and conditions.
- There will be direct face to face interview conducted by the school local organizing body.
- Day to day Activities such as school admissions and others would be Handled entirely by the society chosen by the respective state government.
- Therefore, Each State Government Administration would be solely responsible for the management and effective functioning of the EMRS.
Costs & Budget:
- Capital Cost will be from Rs. 12 cr to Rs. 16 cr, which includes hostel and staff quarters facility.
- The recurring cost will be Rs. 42000 per child.
- In addition, the government gives Rs 30 lakh for establishing the school.
- Additional fund for the school is provided by the private donations will be given to the DM of the district directly.
- The main theme of Eklavya school is that each and every child has inborn talent, which should be discovered by the school and teachers.
- Teachers have a responsibility to develop the talent of each and every kid, such that they achieve great things in their life irrespective of their family background.
- Thus, Eklavya's mission is to bring revolution in the field of primary as well as secondary education to the tribal people through its unique approach
Sample questions:1. Which company is behind the formation of Eklavya schools:?
Ans- Core Emballage Ltd
2. What is the full form of EMRS?
Ans: Eklavya Model Residential Schools
3. Under which article of the Constitution of India, Eklavya schools are been constructed?
Ans: Article 275(1)
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here