National flag - Tricolour
- The national flag consists of a horizontal rectangular tricolour with saffron at the top, white in the middle and India green at the bottom. The centre has a navy blue wheel with twenty -four spokes, known as the Ashoka Chakra. The flag is designed by pingali Venkavya.
National Emblem - The Lion Capital of Asoka
- The national emblem is the Lion Capital of Asoka at sarnath which was adopted on 26th January 1950. The motto inscribed on the emblem is in Devana gari Script : "Satyameva jayate" which means Truth Alone Triumphs.
National Anthem -Jana Gana Mana
- The anthem was composed by Rabindranath Tagore; adopted by the Constitution Assembly 24th January 1950.
National Song - Vande Mataram
- Vande Mataram was composed by Bankim Chandra Chatterjee. it was adopted as the National song of India in 1950.
National flower - lotus
- Indian lotus is the national flower. It is the Representative of purity as it remains flawless despite growing in mud and water.
National Fruit - Mango
- Mango, also known as the 'king of Fruits', is the National Fruit of India.
National River - Ganga
- Ganga is the National River of India.It is also the longest river of the country.
National Tree - Bnayan
- The Indian Bnayan ( Ficus bengalensis) is the national tree.
National Bird - Peacock
- Indian peacock (pavo cirstatus) is the national bird of India.
National Animal- Lion
- The tiger known as the bird of the jungle is the national animal of India.
National Calendar - saka Calendar
- Saka calendar was introduced as the national calendar by the calendar committee in 1957.
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here