b. snow fed
a. Arunachal Pradesh
3. Which of the following rivers flows through maharashtra and Gujrat?
4. Which of te following is an east-flowing river?
5. Which of the following is the longest river in India?
6. Pong Dam lake a Ramsar Site in India is situated in the state of:
b. Jammu and Kashmir
d. Himachal Pradesh
7. The highest waterfall in India is : (PCS 1994)
8. In which state is Jog Falls located?
b. Tamil nadu
d. Andhra Pradesh
9. The Bhakra nangal Multipurpose Project is a joint venture of
a. Punjab and Haryana only
b. Punjab, Haryana and Rajasthan only
c. Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan and Himachal Pradesh
d. Punjab and Himachal Pradesh only
10. The 'Chilka lake region' lies in between the deltas of:
a. Ganga and mahanadi
b. Godavari and krishna
c. mahanadi and Godavari
d. Krishna and Cauvery
11. River Damodar is called 'Sorrow of Bengal' because it:
a. gets flooded often causing havoc
b. causes maximum soil erosion
c. forms number of dangerous waterfalls
d. is not a perennial river
12. In the decreasing order of the length of the rivers, the correct sequence is : (CPO AC 2003)
13. Which of the following rivers is known as 'Vridha Ganga'?
14. Which of forms the famous marble Falls?
15. Which river has been called the 'Sorrow of Bihar'?
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here